California Headphones Silverado impressions
May 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 158

ourfpshero

Headphoneus Supremus
I am a sucker for metal and leather headphones! I love the sound of metal cups and metal mesh the best and currently own too many headphones of this variety because I cant bring myself to sell any. I recently acquired the California Headphones Silverado model, which is their larger circumaural headphone. 
These beauties are made petty much completely of metal and leather, the cord is braided and removable. the cord does have a plug for an extra headphone which seems rather useless to me. The build quality is fantastic, cups, headband, yokes, hinges, are all metal, no visible weak spots. The leather earpads are very deep and plush, though they might not fit larger ears. These are very easy to drive, no amp needed, plays well from my smartphone. 

The sound: These have a trendy "V" shaped sound curve. extended bass and treble, you know the story. Very much like a Beats Pro or a Philips Fidelio L1 (I have both). Sound is like a slightly more agrressive fidelio L1, mids arent as scooped as the philips, but the philips has better clarity in the high end, though the silverados highs are more prominent. Bass is slightly more aggressive than the philips as well. Basically, the silverados are a hotter, more aggressive sounding fidelio L1, though it still maintains the popular V-shaped sound curve. 

Here are some pics, the style is very retro:

May 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 158
seems little interest in these, I discovered by accident myself

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #3 of 158
Huh, those are actually quite pretty. 

Oct 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 158
I understand these are designed to cater more to rock/country, however you mention they still have ample bass? Would they, in your opinion be capable of adequately playing dubstep/electronic?

Oct 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 158
these are still pretty bassy, I tried them with macklemore 'cant hold us', got pretty decent thumping out of them, not quite as bassy as a vmoda m100 i had handy

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 158
Hi,
I'm a noobie here, but I was wondering how well these have held up for you. Many people on Kickstarter have been complaining that the ear-pieces go out after a while. Also, do these have iPhone/iPod controls?

Thanks,
partyHat24

Oct 28, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 158
they do not have ipod controls- have not had any issues with them, work perfectly

Nov 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #9 of 158
lol thats just a Brother all in one printer

May 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #12 of 158
these are clearing out for $49 on amazon right now, their little brother the Laredo is going for $29, great deals, but probably no company support if something is defective.

May 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #14 of 158
  They're going out of business?

I dont know that for sure, I am assuming, this was a kickstarter thing and there are complaints posted of no customer support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back