Caffeine addicts anonymous
Mar 8, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #2,087 of 3,173
You all need to try Yerba Mate if you like to be wired.  It's a very strong south american tea, and can sometimes be found in grocery stores.  Guayaki is the best brand.  It's more stimulating than coffee, but has a bit less caffeine.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2,089 of 3,173
Caffeine is the main active ingredient. However, it does also have theobromine. Mate is made from a plant called Ilex paraguensis, brewing the leaves and stems of the plant like you do in normal tea. 

Personally I don't find it gives as much of a boost as coffee, and I also don't like the flavor as much. Guayaki's cold canned mate is really convenient though and I would choose it over an energy drink.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #2,090 of 3,173
  Caffeine is the main active ingredient. However, it does also have theobromine. Mate is made from a plant called Ilex paraguensis, brewing the leaves and stems of the plant like you do in normal tea. 

Personally I don't find it gives as much of a boost as coffee, and I also don't like the flavor as much. Guayaki's cold canned mate is really convenient though and I would choose it over an energy drink.

Ah--thanks for the explanation. I believe theothrombine is a methylxanthine, like theophylline. What you say makes sense.

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #2,094 of 3,173
It's the bench press for the heavy lifters.........   
atsmile.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #2,100 of 3,173
No, I didn't run out of coffee. I was in a store replacing an electric can opener that passed away, when I saw a Primula cold brew gadget, it wasn't expensive, so one left the store with me. Yes wink, I paid for it. Later tomorrow I get to drink the stuff and I'll find out what the soundcoffeestage is like. Supposedly it is more concentrated than coffee, how that stacks up against espresso, I'll find out. Have any of you made your own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back