Caffeine addicts anonymous
Mar 14, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #2,116 of 3,173
  Couldn't resist a good deal: 11 cans of Rockstar for $10! They're normally about double that.

Rockstar energy drinks were among the worst offenders, with one flavour containing the equivalent of 20 teaspoons of sugar per 500ml can

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2969367/The-energy-drinks-TWENTY-teaspoons-sugar-Campaigners-call-ban-sales-16s-amid-fears-triggering-obesity-unruly-behaviour.html

if you have diabetes in your family, I'd be avoiding refined sugar like the PLAGUE.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #2,117 of 3,173
  Rockstar energy drinks were among the worst offenders, with one flavour containing the equivalent of 20 teaspoons of sugar per 500ml can

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2969367/The-energy-drinks-TWENTY-teaspoons-sugar-Campaigners-call-ban-sales-16s-amid-fears-triggering-obesity-unruly-behaviour.html

if you have diabetes in your family, I'd be avoiding refined sugar like the PLAGUE.

If I only weigh 110 pounds, do you think that lowers my risk of diabetes?

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #2,118 of 3,173

Consult a doctor, but generally they will steer you off that poison in a can.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #2,120 of 3,173
At 110, you're very unlikely to contract type 2 diabetes. Type one probability is almost exclusively based off of genetic lineage, which is something you probably already aware of. 

But, boatloads of sugar isn't good for you regardless of diabetes or not. HFCS especially.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #2,121 of 3,173

In other words, you don't know? (I wouldn't waste money on pay a doctor unless my life was in danger.)

No, I mean I'm not in capacity to give you medical advice over a forum. I'm giving you non-medical opinion but your asking me medical advice.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #2,122 of 3,173
  At 110, you're very unlikely to contract type 2 diabetes. Type one probability is almost exclusively based off of genetic lineage, which is something you probably already aware of. 

But, boatloads of sugar isn't good for you regardless of diabetes or not. HFCS especially.

No, I mean I'm not in capacity to give you medical advice over a forum. I'm giving you non-medical opinion but your asking me medical advice.

Hmm, I dunno if that falls under medical advice. Seems more like a matter of public knowledge, as touched upon above.

I have no idea how much risk I am at for it, but it's on members on both sides of my family, so I'm sure it's higher than average. It would appear that blood sugar affects both types.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #2,123 of 3,173
I'm just going off the conventional wisdom that type 2 tends to affect people who are severely obese.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #2,125 of 3,173

It lowers your risk but is not a free pass. I've seen skinny people with type 2 that take all sorts of medications. My doctor says that it's genetic thing and weight increases risk and severity. Skinny does not mean that one is immune, ingesting gobs of sugar is not good for anyone with Insulin Resistance (type 2), or anyone in general. I'll not pester you anymore as I know that can be annoying, the ball is in your court.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #2,127 of 3,173
  Down to a cup a day. I feel pretty good, actually. Maybe a little loopy, but no headaches or anything. Think I am gonna keep it here for awhile, then reevaluate in another week or two. Onward.

Now that I've been messing with cold brew, I'm heading the other way.

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #2,129 of 3,173
Well, no caffeine for me now. Went to the doctor because I was having some stomach problems and she said that it was acid reflux. She said I had to avoid caffeine, coffee in particular, as well as other things (chocolate, fruit juices, tomato based products, dairy, etc) so looks like I'll have to take a break from caffeine altogether for about 2 weeks. :frowning2:
Oh well, I haven't been able to drink coffee for weeks anyways, so avoiding Dr. Pepper is the only thing I really have to do. Something tells me that the next few days won't be very fun.

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #2,130 of 3,173
Well, no caffeine for me now. Went to the doctor because I was having some stomach problems and she said that it was acid reflux. She said I had to avoid caffeine, coffee in particular, as well as other things (chocolate, fruit juices, tomato based products, dairy, etc) so looks like I'll have to take a break from caffeine altogether for about 2 weeks.
frown.gif

Oh well, I haven't been able to drink coffee for weeks anyways, so avoiding Dr. Pepper is the only thing I really have to do. Something tells me that the next few days won't be very fun.

At least they didn't tell you you're allergic to caffeine.
ph34r.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Drinking too much energy drinks or soda (which, for me, usually means more than one in a day) can make my stomach feel like it was stabbed.

I once went to the doctor years ago because the lower part of my abdomen was puffing out a bit. The only cause I could think of was all the Rip It Power energy drinks I had on a daily basis. (Again, I rarely exceed one in a day.) They referred me to a hospital, in which I got a thorough ultrasound scan. Nothing was wrong with me in this area, though they did find a gallstone, which could cause problems years in the future. And then they sent me the bill...because even when you have insurance, you still have to pay like a thousand bucks. So basically, money wasted on nothing.
angry_face.gif
(This is one reason I don't want to go to the doctor or hospitals unless my life is in danger. Too much of that industry is a money-making scam.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back