Caffeine addicts anonymous
Feb 2, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #1,772 of 3,173
I was really sick the past few days and didn't have any caffeine for about a day and a half. Had a pretty massive headache until I had my regular double shot this morning. I thought it was all due to the illness but I suppose it was just my internal caffeine alarm.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #1,773 of 3,173
  You all still have a long way to go. Voltaire drank between 50 and 72 cups of coffee a day, according to the implicitly trustworthy sources of the web.

He was also a vegetarian, which explains the need for caffeine to stay awake.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #1,775 of 3,173
Can't...sleep...because...Focal...Elear...sounds...too...amazing!

Caffeine intake for the day:
Rockstar Energy Drink for first listening session.
Mountain Dew Baja Blast for second (current) listening session.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #1,776 of 3,173
....Philistine....!!!!                                              Double ristrettos all the way, dude....!     
L3000.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #1,780 of 3,173
You could prolly get a SR-009 and BHSE in less than a year if you cut out your caffeine obsession, but where would be the fun in that....?    
blink.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #1,781 of 3,173
  You could prolly get a SR-009 and BHSE in less than a year if you cut out your caffeine obsession, but where would be the fun in that....?    
blink.gif

Ha. I could have bought an 009 and lesser amp with the inheritance I got...but I'd rather spend less and reinvest the rest so I (hopefully) never have to worry about money again.

Oh, and I don't really spend that much on caffeine.

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,783 of 3,173
Interesting how most other espresso folks here know their intake in shots. Since my machine is simple it just runs till I turn it off and I use a teacup. I'd guess it might be between 4 and six shots based off how disappointing it is when I actually measure out two shots in shot glasses.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #1,784 of 3,173
Interesting how most other espresso folks here know their intake in shots. Since my machine is simple it just runs till I turn it off and I use a teacup. I'd guess it might be between 4 and six shots based off how disappointing it is when I actually measure out two shots in shot glasses.

How do you control the ratio of coffee grounds to water? Which machine is it?

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #1,785 of 3,173
How do you control the ratio of coffee grounds to water? Which machine is it?

Gotta eyeball the water, keep an eye on the output and once it turns too light, it's done.

As for the grounds, I use a standard fill level on my grinder and use the same amount every time. It's very imprecise, and is just something I've gotten down by feel.

My machine is a Phillips-Saeco Poemia, it's very basic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back