Caffeine addicts anonymous
Feb 3, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,786 of 3,173
Gotta eyeball the water, keep an eye on the output and once it turns too light, it's done.

As for the grounds, I use a standard fill level on my grinder and use the same amount every time. It's very imprecise, and is just something I've gotten down by feel.

Which coffee/espresso machine?

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #1,787 of 3,173
Gotta eyeball the water, keep an eye on the output and once it turns too light, it's done.

As for the grounds, I use a standard fill level on my grinder and use the same amount every time. It's very imprecise, and is just something I've gotten down by feel.

My machine is a Phillips-Saeco Poemia, it's very basic.

Is this it?
https://www.amazon.com/Saeco-HD8325-47-Espresso-Machine/dp/B00A44JLIY
Looks nice. Probably what my machine would look like...

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #1,792 of 3,173
Then just fill an espresso cup or two and you're done. It has a pump which is important, not just steam pressure.

I'm not really bothered by not counting shots, I was simply saying that I don't and found it curious that others did.
Cheers

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #1,793 of 3,173
I'm not really bothered by not counting shots, I was simply saying that I don't and found it curious that others did.
Cheers

My machine is a semi-automatic. You push a button and it grinds the beans as per your settings, then makes enough to fill the number of shots (1 or 2) as per the button you press. No muss, no fuss. So it's easy to count and the machine is repeatable as to quality.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #1,795 of 3,173
Have cut my coffee consumption from four to two cups daily. Feeling okay. A little draggy. But not terrible. Also drinking a couple cups of tea each day. But as was pointed out the other day, there is so little caffeine in tea that it is kinda like drinking water. We'll see how it goes...

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #1,796 of 3,173
  How do you control the ratio of coffee grounds to water? Which machine is it?

aid205444-728px-Grind-Coffee-Beans-Without-a-Grinder-Step-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back