C&C XO and BOX+ -- all new portable amps available now! @headb.com
May 1, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #46 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did the post to inform.

Understood and appreciated. I replied to ask whether you minded the use of Mr. so long as your last name was spelled correctly. If you did mind, I'd be happy to call you Miguel.

I love the idea of a business brunch modeled after the Satyricon or Justine, in which people who are engaged in various forms of debauchery call each other Mr. and Ms. and defer to one another politely: "Our MIS department manager, Mr. Jameson, is otherwise engaged with a singularly attractive Andalusian walking pony, but your budget question is very important to him. He'll tend to your needs as soon as, erm, humanly possible."

(Of course, I didn't mean to imply you would have anything to do with such coarse proceedings. Here at Head-fi, we sublimate beast-specific urges to a higher fascination with the IO options of headphone amps.)

Quote:

When I first chose "mrarroyo" I failed to realize that it would be interpreted as: Mr. Arroyo. I should have changed it but never got around it. Thanks.

Perhaps, Mr. Miguel, this would be a fortuitous time to petition Head-fi's Mod Syndicate.

May 1, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #47 of 85
Is this thread and the other going to be updated now that this amp is out of production ?

May 1, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #48 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Understood and appreciated. I replied to ask whether you minded the use of Mr. so long as your last name was spelled correctly. If you did mind, I'd be happy to call you Miguel.

I love the idea of a business brunch modeled after the Satyricon or Justine, in which people who are engaged in various forms of debauchery call each other Mr. and Ms. and defer to one another politely: "Our MIS department manager, Mr. Jameson, is otherwise engaged with a singularly attractive Andalusian walking pony, but your budget question is very important to him. He'll tend to your needs as soon as, erm, humanly possible."

(Of course, I didn't mean to imply you would have anything to do with such coarse proceedings. Here at Head-fi, we sublimate beast-specific urges to a higher fascination with the IO options of headphone amps.)

Perhaps, Mr. Miguel, this would be a fortuitous time to petition Head-fi's Mod Syndicate.

When I worked overseas the Mr. XYZ or by title (Would the Engineering Director please ...) was used all the time and frowned upon if you failed to do so. Granted a meeting in a Board Room is a bit different but I will agree that a lot of civility and manners has been lost.

May 2, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #49 of 85
Or should I say now that both amps are out of production ?

May 2, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #50 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Calavera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or should I say now that both amps are out of production ?

Manny:

I understand you've been having trouble ordering these amps. My condolences -- the process shouldn't be that difficult. I also understand that headb can be flaky about responding. What I don't understand is your claim that the XO and the Box+ are "out of production."

So far as I know, only the original Box is out of production, and it is not part of the sale mentioned in this thread. Moreover, the headb site states the C&C Box v.1 is sold out, which is nothing new.

However, the XO and the Box+, which are very recent models, are said to be in production currently. When you say "out of production," do you mean to say, "out of stock"? Do you have information that really suggests both the XO and Box+ have been prematurely discontinued? If so, please post your info and the source.

If not, and you're simply frustrated, I understand. But you might want to be careful not to start rumors inadvertently that could further obscure headb's machinations, since we'd all like to know what's behind the ordering issues you and others have experienced.

================================

Mis-s-s-s-s-ster Miguel:

I was joking with you before. The giveaway: insisting on using proper titles when addressing people engaged in bestiality.

May 2, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #52 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangosuite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i need one (C&C xo) to be delivered to Argentina through other payment methods than Credit Cards... any idea? (tangosuite@gmail.com)

I have a friend in Nigeria who has only posted twice on Head-fi and wants to purchase equipment without a credit card. He keeps asking me to wire $7,965 to his offshore account to pay for the twenty-seven RSA Tomahawks his makeshift elementary school needs to encourage young people to become professional audiophiles -- what could possibly go wrong?

May 2, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #53 of 85
Quote:

I have a friend in Nigeria who has only posted twice on Head-fi and wants to purchase equipment without a credit card. He keeps asking me to wire $7,965 to his offshore account to pay for the twenty-seven RSA Tomahawks his makeshift elementary school needs to encourage young people to become professional audiophiles -- what could possibly go wrong?

Wasn't there a crackdown (televised) where fake money was sent and the media crew followed the money package to the source(a lord presiding over a large cache of internet cafe lurking pawns), busted them, then came back to the US and then finished off the local contacts?(who cried and supposedly repented)

May 4, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #54 of 85
Quote:

Manny:

I understand you've been having trouble ordering these amps. My condolences -- the process shouldn't be that difficult. I also understand that headb can be flaky about responding. What I don't understand is your claim that the XO and the Box+ are "out of production."

So far as I know, only the original Box is out of production, and it is not part of the sale mentioned in this thread. Moreover, the headb site states the C&C Box v.1 is sold out, which is nothing new.

However, the XO and the Box+, which are very recent models, are said to be in production currently. When you say "out of production," do you mean to say, "out of stock"? Do you have information that really suggests both the XO and Box+ have been prematurely discontinued? If so, please post your info and the source.

If not, and you're simply frustrated, I understand. But you might want to be careful not to start rumors inadvertently that could further obscure headb's machinations, since we'd all like to know what's behind the ordering issues you and others have experienced.

================================

Mis-s-s-s-s-ster Miguel:

I was joking with you before. The giveaway: insisting on using proper titles when addressing people engaged in bestiality.

I guess I should clarify my posts.The OP's of the various CC threads told me in three different PM's that they were no longer carrying them,and both would be going out of production soon.This was near a week a go that I got the pm's addressing this.They said that only one Box+ was available (in silver),and that both would soon be replaced by newer qoute 'Digital Amps' that had better sound,and,much better battery life,and that one of them out performed all other portable amps currently on the market" un qoute...

So I dont want to buy anything from CC now,as I am unsure what they are doing,and that they seem to have very little cofidence in thier own products.I was at the time serious (and make many impulse buys,big and small) I would have happily bought one with Cyrstal cable,and paid right away.I have taken the decision to save up my money,and grab a RSA made portable amp.
cool.gif

May 4, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #55 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Calavera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have taken the decision to save up my money,and grab a RSA made portable amp.
cool.gif

As a loud owner of both the XP-7 and the Hornet, I'd say you've made a safe (and satisfying) decision. While the Hornet lacks gimmickry, special LEDs and French harpsichord baffling bellows, that shouldn't matter, my good Manny, since, as they bray, sound's the thing.

(On the nether hind, French harpsichord baffling bellows can be rather diverting!)

May 4, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #56 of 85
scrpyt,I love your posts !!
wink.gif
I like your style of writing one heck of a lot!

May 9, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #58 of 85
Just ordered the C&C XO in purple
smily_headphones1.gif
Will happily await its arrival

May 9, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #59 of 85
I ordered a black one on Monday. Haven't heard anything from headb yet, so I'm unsure as to if it has shipped. Another member on here says it's a good pairing with the EW9s. Hopefully I'll get it by next week, if not sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back