C&C XO and BOX+ -- all new portable amps available now! @headb.com
Apr 4, 2007 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

C.Felix

Member of the Trade Sponsor headb.com
=== Special limited SALE, EXCLUSIVE to head-fi members ===

Enjoy FREE SHIPPING until May 13 when you purchase any C&C XO Portable Headphone Amplifiers from headb.com (while stock lasts). You save $12 for each unit that you purchase ($199.5 shipped).

Or when you purchase any C&C Box+ Portable Headphone Amplifiers from headb.com (while stock lasts). You save $12 for each unit that you purchase ($109.5 shipped).

In addition, if you also buy a C&C Mini Crystal Interconnect Cable, you can get it at half price AND shipping is FREE as well. Your total saving will be $31.5 for this "C&C XO + C&C Mini Crystal" bundle ($214 shipped)!

To take advantage of this special limited offer, please follow this "secret link" to the order page and provide us your head-fi member ID while ordering. Remember, this offer is EXCLUSIVE to head-fi.org members!

xo1.jpg

xo2.jpg

xo3.jpg

xo4.jpg

xo5.jpg

=== C&C XO Features and Specifications ===

1. Advanced circuit design, matches headphones of very low to very high impedance.

2. 2-way switches for gain control (Low/High) and impedance matching (Low/High), provides the flexibility for user to perform the adjustment manually.

3. Offers very wide frequency response by not using any coupling capacitors or output capacitors

4. Low frequency compensation switch (bass extension) and sound stage compensation switch (stage expansion) These switches can be turned on to deliver more enjoyable listening experience for users who love deeper, heavier bass and wider sound stage. Or they can be turned off for users who desire high fidelity sound.

5. Multiple medium power transistor-based output stages in parallel connection, contributes to high current output and low output resistance and precise output control. Step-up circuit activates when IM is set to high, generates high voltage, high quality power for the needs of driving medium and high impedance headphones.

6. High quality for audio ALPS potentiometer as volume dial

7. High performance lithium rechargeable batteries, with overcharge & low voltage protection circuit

8. Intelligent, regulated charging circuit allows user to enjoy music while charging the C&C XO.

9. FOUR 1000uF power supply filtering capacitors ensures pure and smooth power

10. Easy and flexible OP exchange for advance users, through gold-plated DIP socket,

11. Maximum output power: 1000mW+1000mW

12. Impedance matching capability: 8-600ohm

13. Total harmonic distortion plus noise (THD+N) < 0.01%

14. Frequency response: 0-100kHz/1dB

15. Long usage time between recharge: up to 60 hours for low impedance headphones, up to 25 hours for high impedance ones.

16. Portable size: 91mm x 70mm x 20mm (aluminum case, with glossy surface)

17. Weight (battery inclusive): 170g

18. Power input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz; 12V DC.

=== Included accessories ===
  1. 12V 1A universal power adapter
  2. 3.5mm interconnect cable with gold plated connectors (18 cm )
  3. Carrying bag
  4. Product certificate
  5. User guide

plus1.jpg

plus2.jpg

plus3.jpg

plus4.jpg

plus5.jpg

Feature Comparison among C&C XO, C&C Box+ and C&C V2

=== Ordering ===
We have both C&C XO and C&C Box+ in stock. The price for XO is $199.5 and the price for Box+ is $109.5. C&C XO and C&C BOX+ can be ordered at our Web Store.

We will ship your items using registered mail with tracking. We use flat-rate worldwide shipping, and we offer discount if you purchase more than one item.

=== Expect great services ===
When shopping with headb.com, you can always expect the best! Expect excellent customer services, fast shipping, and meticulous packaging.

[size=medium]You will receive your C&C amp in a beautifully designed package.

The C&C XO will be stored in an elegant silver stainless steel gift box.[/size]

Best wishes
C.Felix
Business services - headb.com

Apr 5, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 85
Congratulations & It looked forward to this announcement.

Apr 6, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #4 of 85
Thanks guys. We are currently working very hard to prepare for the launching of XO and BOX+ and we are about to release the complete information of XO
. We'll keep you guys updated, please stay tuned.

C.Felix
Business services - headb.com

Apr 7, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 85
As an old-school studio musician, I'm glad to see the implementation of an LED impedance indicator. One thing confuses me: does the LED on the right front panel light up for low impedance as well as high, or is low impedance indicated by the light being off entirely? I hope the "warning" light doesn't merely indicate low impedance, as a red light signaling any form of correct usage might annoy the average user.

Does the "warning" light function somewhat like a clipping indicator? That is, does the LED change to red when low impedance is selected for a set of high impedance headphones? If so, congratulations on making a geek-friendly amp with a deceptively clean-looking design. Keep this up, and you might convince Dr. Xin to became a metrosexual.

Also: Does the inside of your "elegant silver stainless steel gift box" contain any sort of cushioning? If not, I fear the XO could get scratched while being carried or, as you put it, "stored."

Also: How exactly are you accomplishing "sound expansion"? Have you implemented the rudimentary "3-D" DSP setting sometimes found on legacy PCDPs? I myself probably wouldn't use such an effect, but I'd like to know how it's being done.

Lastly: Could you provide a picture of the bottom of the amp? It might answer certain questions, such as whether the batteries can be changed.

Here is the picture you offered us on another thread:

xo_draft_01a.jpg

The inclusion of a pair of MS-2 in the picture makes me wonder:

Do you feel the XO has particularly good symbiosis with the MS-2, or was that headphone simply the prettiest and most metallic to include in the picture's composition? I ask because the MS-2 can sound harsh when paired with the wrong amp and source, and I would find an MS-2-friendly portable to be particularly useful.

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 85
Thanks Scrypt, that's some excellent questions!
smily_headphones1.gif
give me some time and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long will the $199 special offer be for? Thanks.

Hi Mrarroyo, we've just launched free-shipping and bundle sale offers for C&C XO. Please see above. We've updated our initial post; we've added new pictures, description, and order information. We intend to keep these offers available from now until April 22. Thanks for asking!

Apr 11, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #12 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much are the amps going to be after the special pricing expires?

The offer of free shipping and half price Mini Crystal bundle will be end after the speicial limited SALE.

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #14 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, i must say, regardless of the sound, that is one good looking amp!!

NO kidding ! Truly one of a kind appearance. Of course I want one.

Excuse me if this has been addressed elsewhere but what colors is this amp available in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back