C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 3, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #1,262 of 3,421
Quote:

That aol.com email looks pretty legit. 

But ok, seriously, who did you purchase from? I bought from pollychen and received no such email. Looks like spam, in any case. Besides, why would you need to send anyone "shipping documents"?

I bought from pollychen as well. The whole thing looked pretty hinky but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't part of the process.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #1,263 of 3,421
Quote:
I can assure you that is not hsbc email address and if they want to send you somethinf with hsbc on it they would use their hsbc email,  probably spam

OK, I'll just delete it then.
Quote:
Open the attachment and let us know what happens. KIDDING!

Nah, I'll just repost it here with the link included & let somebody else take the blame for bringing down the whole web site by opening it :wink:

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #1,264 of 3,421
Quote:
Open the attachment and let us know what happens. KIDDING!

you could open it in linux :)

or Sandboxie for Windows.

Better yet forward it to Wayne he could check.

If you are still curious just email polly through fleabay and ask.

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #1,265 of 3,421
I'll open it with my android phone. That should be safe right?

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #1,266 of 3,421
I'll open it with my android phone That should be safe right?

Yeah that should be fine.

If it's a backdoor trojan, it's most likely designed to work on windows only.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #1,267 of 3,421
Another wee update. This is now the amp I solely use and with LH ON permanently, didn`t see that coming but happy. I have also ordered the ZO2 to dual amp just to see if I can damage my ears, joke.

Will post a pic of them paired and in use sometime this week. They are about the same size so probably the size of me P3+ when combined! . Best get some more velcro out lol :wink:

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #1,268 of 3,421
Ive got this great little amp hooked up to my rockboxed ipod 5.5G,love it ,but also got the c3 and prefer it! Havent tried thE C3 with the amp yet the cable is in transit!I drive by the wolfson factory everyday,thats why i purchased a 5.5,the Braveheart ipod!!yoh!

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #1,270 of 3,421
Quote:
I went ahead & pulled the trigger on one of these earlier this week. The ebay tracker said it is in transit. Now on to the reason for this post:

Did any of you receive an email from HSBC Bank or someone named Hooi Chong regarding this? I recieved such as email a couple days ago. I'm figuring it is either just spam or one of the malicious emails where you don't want to open the attachment or it will put a lot of bad stuff on your computer so I haven't opened the link. But since it came around the same time that the BH was ordered I just wanted to make sure it wasn't part of the order process. Here's a copy. I removed the link from the header because it still seemed active when I copied it to this post & I don't want anyone else accidently opening it either in case it's a malicious link.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
space.gif

space.gif
HSBC BANK to youshow details
space.gif

From
space.gif
HSBC BANK markcharamba@dvaar.comhide details
space.gif
To  
Cc  
Bcc
space.gif
benwab3 benwab3@aol.com

I have attached a copy of the Receipt slip, please review.
I am expecting the Shipping document from you.

Regards
Mr Hooi Chong
Tel: 02-25290791, 02-25290792
Fax: +02-2290793
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else gotten this? I'm planning on just deleting the whole email but wanted to make sure first. I'm looking forward to experiencing this little amp everyone seems to love. I'll be pairing it with either a Sansa Clip Zip or Cowan S9 for the player & Grado SR-80i or Sennheiser HD-598 phones. Thanks.

Ben 

this looks like 100% scam. i work in the bank and i doubt anyone at HSBC would deal like that, so report this scam and let right people handle it.

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #1,271 of 3,421
Mar 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,273 of 3,421
Yeah for now i do but my custom pure copper LOD is on its way, it's gonna be low profile like the one in the picture too :)

Ah that's good news! :D

Did you order it from the eBay seller I linked?

That guy is a legend, the LOD he made me sounds awesome and fits so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back