C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #1,231 of 3,421
Quote:
Some impression after using it for more than 100h+ with my Hd598's. It has made the sound "fuller", more bass impact and punch, without losing detail, maybe even gaining some. Regarding soundstage it widens it a bit and makes it more "refined" and images it bit more i would say. When i forgot this amp home when i went to alps and i listened music without the amp it just feeled...wrong 
size]
, the music wasn't (rock, pop, disco mainly genres from 1960-1990) there almost it feeled "empty" to my ears. So for anyone with a HD598 i HIHGLY recommend getting this. For only around 140$ this really makes the HD598's sound SUPREME. Listening some ellie goulding "lights" through these, gives me goosebumps 
size]

You mean $100 right? If you payed $140...I'm sorry lol.

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #1,233 of 3,421
Quote:

You mean $100 right? If you payed $140...I'm sorry lol.

Wow, that would be an overkill lmao 
eek.gif

I paid £65.87 for mine during CNY which means I got free DHL delivery too lol, in US it's about $99.01. 

What a steal! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #1,236 of 3,421
Quote:
Shootinputin187's impressions added to the OP.

I detect some sort of tendency here - are you still waiting for me to change my initial impressions? I will but only with USB DACs, so you might give up on me changing my impressions with the C3. The only definitely positive experience you'll get is with the S500 - every other opinion based on experience with iems will be very subjective and not particularly nice,

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,237 of 3,421
Has anyone tried using an iPod touch 4 with the c&c bh via LOD cause I just bought a white 64gb itouch 4 off amazon to pair it with the bh, gave my I itouch 5 to the girlfriend cause I can't use LOD on it lol

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #1,238 of 3,421
I use my iPhone 4S (airplane mode with equalizer app) with a silver LOD to the BH. While some things do sound better, with certain IEMs and certain music, the BH does awesome no matter what kova says :) and some IEMs sound better through the BH than other more expensive equipment. Anyway this setup sounds great!!

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #1,239 of 3,421
Quote:
I use my iPhone 4S (airplane mode with equalizer app) with a silver LOD to the BH. While some things do sound better, with certain IEMs and certain music, the BH does awesome no matter what kova says
smily_headphones1.gif
and some IEMs sound better through the BH than other more expensive equipment. Anyway this setup sounds great!!

I see people here are still misinterpreting my opinion. I already said it's a pretty decent amp. I did try it today with the 3rd gen ipod of a friend of mine and it was pretty good. So I stand by my opinion that it's a good amp when paired with good USB DACs or a source with a true line-out. So everyone with an apple product feeding the BH through the line-out will be happy or any DAP with line-out. My negative comments are pretty much on its pairing with stuff like the C3 (and my Galaxy S) and that they have a sub-par synergy and my s500 is pretty much the only headphone I like it with and I have no particular positive experience with any of my iems. So I'll keep my final opinion to me for now as I do enjoy the BH with my pc and I think it's a pretty good combo with an ipod not that I'll be going back to using apple products any time soon just because of the BH's synergy but it's good to mention. So I guess I'll wait for the Fiio X3 and see how it will stack with it, so I won't be bashing on it generally or in advance just because of its not that good synergy with the DAP I use on the go.

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #1,240 of 3,421
Just having some fun with you, I know you like it. I actually find it works very well from the line out of my PC as well, saving me from buying that desktop amp I have been wanting for a while.

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #1,241 of 3,421
I use my iPhone 4S (airplane mode with equalizer app) with a silver LOD to the BH. While some things do sound better, with certain IEMs and certain music, the BH does awesome no matter what kova says :) and some IEMs sound better through the BH than other more expensive equipment. Anyway this setup sounds great!!
Right now I'm runnin it through my ipod 5.5 and it sounds good cause its a warm source, the itouch 4 isn't all that warm but I think a pure copper LOD will do the trick

Mar 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #1,242 of 3,421
forgot to mention. i received my BH on February 11, i am using BH ever since and did not have to recharge yet. i am casual listener which means not everyday and i use it for some 2-4 hours a day when i use it ... still battery life is amazing, has enough juice to keep your happy for many hours and days from single charge.

Mar 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,243 of 3,421
LOL

So I dropped my BH and it chipped the linoleum tile it landed on. A little scratch on the corner of the BH, but the tile took the most damage out of the ordeal.

TANK

Mar 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #1,244 of 3,421
Quote:
forgot to mention. i received my BH on February 11, i am using BH ever since and did not have to recharge yet. i am casual listener which means not everyday and i use it for some 2-4 hours a day when i use it ... still battery life is amazing, has enough juice to keep your happy for many hours and days from single charge.

Same here, been using it about 3 hours every 2 days since I got it last Friday and the green light just doesn't wanna fade!! 
eek.gif

Quote:
LOL

So I dropped my BH and it chipped the linoleum tile it landed on. A little scratch on the corner of the BH, but the tile took the most damage out of the ordeal.

TANK

LOL!

Replacing some linoleum is most likely cheaper than buying a new BH. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back