C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
May 3, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #1,861 of 3,421
Quote:

E7 actually runs over 100 hours on single charge - but it is not because it is power efficient. It is because it doesn't have a lot of output power or as many features (which all need to be powered regardless whether you use them or not). If an amp doesn't output a lot of power, then naturally it doesn't consume a lot of power, as simple as that.

Ok, that's really simple. But for E17, even if you set the volume low, the battery runs out quicker than E7. Why is that?

May 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #1,862 of 3,421
I love this amp!

Using with SoundMAGIC E10, Yamaha EPH100 and JVC HA-S500.

All with great synergy. :D

May 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #1,863 of 3,421
Quote:
Ok, that's really simple. But for E17, even if you set the volume low, the battery runs out quicker than E7. Why is that?

Volume is not even half of the story. Opamp also pumps out current, and E17 has a lot more current than E7 (and why E17 sound much tight, punchy and in control). Not only that, there is a more complex USB receiver that can handle higher bitrate, a transcoder that handles S/PDIF Input, a dedicated digital volume controller chip that also gives you the EQ  - all of these circuits and features eat into your battery life. It is the same reason why dumbphone will always out last the battery life of smartphone even if they are both only use for call and nothing else.

In short, nothing comes from nothing.

May 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #1,864 of 3,421
Quote:

Volume is not even half of the story. Opamp also pumps out current, and E17 has a lot more current than E7 (and why E17 sound much tight, punchy and in control). Not only that, there is a more complex USB receiver that can handle higher bitrate, a transcoder that handles S/PDIF Input, a dedicated digital volume controller chip that also gives you the EQ  - all of these circuits and features eat into your battery life. It is the same reason why dumbphone will always out last the battery life of smartphone even if they are both only use for call and nothing else.

In short, nothing comes from nothing.

There are so many things to consider in this audio world.

May 4, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #1,866 of 3,421
Hi there guys,
I've heard this amps name a few times pop up around a few threads, and all the times ive seen it pop up positive comments follow.
I'm sort of interested but first of all the price tag of $100 is quite expensive for me right now! Scored a Pro 900 for around about the same price!
I am however on the hunt for an amp for these headphones and I am wondering whether this would be a good idea? Or should I look elsewhere?
Perhaps the FiiO E11 or something?
I need it to be on the cheaperside ($50 and under if possible), but it needs to be portable as well.
Cheers for any help!
beerchug.gif

Edit:

Oops, also I forgot to add, do I need to have that cord with the 30 pin connector for my iPod? Or what ever type of cord it is that connects to the amp?
Does it improve sound quality or something? Or just a more stable connection?
Thanks again

May 4, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,867 of 3,421
Forget about E11.

BH has over 100 hours tested battery life on one charge.

E11 barely manages 15 lol, and I should know since I own both. That's without even mentioning the difference in clarity.

As far as I'm concerned the BH is the only amp for budget minded buyers.

May 4, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #1,868 of 3,421
Damn!
It does indeed sound all too good!
Is there any way possible to get this at a cheaper price?
Also what about those cords as well? any difference?
Thanks

May 4, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #1,869 of 3,421
Just picked one up from eBay, should be here in less than 2 weeks..

May 4, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #1,870 of 3,421
Alright guys, turns out I won't be needing that amp anymore.

I have been scammed here on these forums!
Very disappointing.
I recently went and purchased these headphones: http://www.head-fi.org/t/661588/ultrasone-pro-900s#post_9389460 for $100USD
I thought everything was ok, the seller however is not giving tracking information.
I then read the posts on his other listing for a FiiO E12. http://www.head-fi.org/t/661521/fiio-e12-mont-blanc-portable-headphone-amplifier#post_9407907
Turns out someone else also purchased this headphone as well as me.

Beware of this user. Serotonin.

Can someone please help me? Is there a way to get my money back? 
Damn.

Here is the reciept:

Ultrasone Pro 900 Headphones - This is an invoice for Ultrasone Pro 900 Headphones as listed in 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/661588/ultrasone-pro-900s
by me username Serotonin being sold to username Omnom

Serial on headphones & box : 2312040510
Barcode on Box : 4 043941 071704

Headphones come with original box & everything they originally came with, included a pair of not used earcups. 

Shipping payed by seller, will ship via USPS & update with tracking # by Monday April 29th 2013. 

If buyer needs to contact for any reason one can do so through Head-Fi or via phone 347 XXX XXXX

May 4, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #1,871 of 3,421
Did you use PayPal gift or regular?

May 4, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #1,872 of 3,421
Just picked one up from eBay, should be here in less than 2 weeks..

Looking forward to your thoughts ClieOS, don't forget to take a nice photo of your rig, we can add it to the second post.

Welcome to the C&C club, where clarity runs wild! :wink:

May 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #1,874 of 3,421
What a drag hopefully sorted soon.
Be sure to report that situation to mods here.

I used this BH as a preamp for a Colorfly C3 for an incredibly personal and important Appreciation of Life / Wake type of gathering recently.
 I needed to provide music for this whole event through a PA board in close quarters outdoor setting fed to 2 large speakers.
 There was zero room for anything to go wrong, and had to be sure of utmost clarity/quality and life.

The soundfield switch in this situation just opened things right up perfectly, in addition to the clarity since the speakers sounded less than perfect otherwise and needed as much improvement as they could get.
Far as I am concerned just using it in this situation alone it has paid itself off 100 times over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back