Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jun 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #5,282 of 5,364
Better add just few bucks and buy Audio Technica cks1000 for $160. Or just save and buy audio technica ckn70 for $70. I have both ckn70 and cks99 and they sound better than triplefi10.

I don't want to be an arse but saying this but how much history do you have with IEMs?
Just that I checked your profile and it says that you just joined yesterday, just made me a bit suspicious..

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #5,283 of 5,364
Alright, the Ortofon E-Q5 it is! Thank you Kimvictor for your help. Now I only have to decide what source I want to use. Just my iPhone? My iPhone plus portable AMP? Or a new source (Colorfly or Cowon maybe)? Difficult times lately...

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #5,284 of 5,364
Quote:
Alright, the Ortofon E-Q5 it is! Thank you Kimvictor for your help. Now I only have to decide what source I want to use. Just my iPhone? My iPhone plus portable AMP? Or a new source (Colorfly or Cowon maybe)? Difficult times lately...

Which iPhone do you have? iPhone 5 does not have a lod. To be honest, you will be fine without one.

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #5,286 of 5,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

V-Moda cans are bassy and closed. They also have a detachable cable and can be driven with out an amp. DT1350 is also very good option, with one of the best sq, but it costs $250. It'd help a lot if you could give me a price range to work with.

I don't think V-Moda headphones are available where I live (Argentina), at least I haven't found one so far. I heard the DT1350 has very good sq, but it's not bassy. I'm willing to pay $250-$300. Maybe $350, but it has to be a superb sq headphone (for it's price range ofc). Thanks for the advice!

Quote:

If you don't already have experience doing this, they're right. 

Okay, without knowing your budget, I'm inclined to say the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80.  The V-Moda M-100 may also be a good option for you

No, I don't have any experience :frowning2:
Just as I told kimvictor : I'm willing to pay $250-$300. Maybe $350, but it has to be a superb sq headphone (for it's price range ofc).
And also, V-Moda headphones are not available around here :frowning2:
Thanks for your advice!

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #5,287 of 5,364
Quote:
Sorry I don't understand you. What is a lod? I have a iPhone 5. And are saying my iPhone 5 is enough or is a Colorfly or Cowon worth the extra $100?

LOD is a line out dock for iphone to be used with an amp. With out one, there is no point in getting an amp(imo) for your iphone. Honestly, iPhone has rather good sq. They are very easy to use, and I don't think that it's worth the hassle to carry around a dap, unless you are willing to sacrifice nothing for that extra 1% sound quality.
Quote:

I don't think V-Moda headphones are available where I live (Argentina), at least I haven't found one so far. I heard the DT1350 has very good sq, but it's not bassy. I'm willing to pay $250-$300. Maybe $350, but it has to be a superb sq headphone (for it's price range ofc). Thanks for the advice!

No, I don't have any experience :frowning2:
Just as I told kimvictor : I'm willing to pay $250-$300. Maybe $350, but it has to be a superb sq headphone (for it's price range ofc).
And also, V-Moda headphones are not available around here :frowning2:
Thanks for your advice!

DT1350 are very good. I've done a review on it. Look on my signature(bottom of my post). They are warm, but not really bassy like V-moda. Here are my recommendations: Momentum(bass), Amperior(bass/treble), DT1350(balance), and MDR-1R(bass/mid).

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #5,288 of 5,364
LOD is a line out dock for iphone to be used with an amp. With out one, there is no point in getting an amp(imo) for your iphone. Honestly, iPhone has rather good sq. They are very easy to use, and I don't think that it's worth the hassle to carry around a dap, unless you are willing to sacrifice nothing for that extra 1% sound quality.

Thank you for all your help! I appreciate it very much. Now it's time to search for the best price! Thanks.

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #5,291 of 5,364
Hi guys, I currently own the Ultrasone Pro 900 and love the extreme bass and clarity that it provides - they are slightly sibilant, but I can look past that. They aren't as portable as what I was thinking when I bought them, I really enjoy listening to them but they aren't very portable. I'd just like a highly portable/rugged in ear solution that is of similar sound signature (and if it is not, one that has strong enough drivers to amp the sound to be able to handle bass without distortion). I have a homemade DIY budget DAC/Amp rig I carry around with me so amping is definitely possible. Budget is ~$200 but the more I spend, the more I want to be sure that it is of better build quality as well as sound quality so I don't destroy them taking them everywhere I go (gym, work, everyday life etc). I'm currently looking at the Shure SE215LTD, but the price just skyrocketed on them for some reason and I am hoping there is either better or I should wait to get them. Any advice? Thanks in advance. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #5,293 of 5,364
Quote:
DT1350 are very good. I've done a review on it. Look on my signature(bottom of my post). They are warm, but not really bassy like V-moda. Here are my recommendations: Momentum(bass), Amperior(bass/treble), DT1350(balance), and MDR-1R(bass/mid).

Well, then maybe I'll go for the Momentum or the DT1350. I'll keep reading some reviews and see if I can get the chance to try them in a Showroom or something.
Or maybe I'll buy some cheaper headphones for travelling (Senns HD 215 / 280 /360) and later on some nice open ones to use at home. What can you recommend me in that price range? AFAIK open cans have beter sq, right?  
Thanks a lot for your help.

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #5,294 of 5,364
First of all, kimvictor, I just gotta say
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Quote:
RHA MA350, or RHA MA450i (if you need an iDevice remote).

nah want something more expensive £100-£150

LOL, well okay then... I have a suspicion that the Denon AH-C300 will fit the bill nicely.  I haven't heard it yet, but I've been receiving impressions from friends about it.  If you'd like to wait a day or two, my pair should be here soon - at which time I can give you a definite rec (or not).

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #5,295 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
Better add just few bucks and buy Audio Technica cks1000 for $160. Or just save and buy audio technica ckn70 for $70. I have both ckn70 and cks99 and they sound better than triplefi10.

I don't want to be an arse but saying this but how much history do you have with IEMs?
Just that I checked your profile and it says that you just joined yesterday, just made me a bit suspicious..

biggrin.gif
LOL 
biggrin.gif
LOL
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back