Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jun 4, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #5,312 of 5,364
Quote:
First of all, kimvictor, I just gotta say
beerchug.gif

LOL, well okay then... I have a suspicion that the Denon AH-C300 will fit the bill nicely.  I haven't heard it yet, but I've been receiving impressions from friends about it.  If you'd like to wait a day or two, my pair should be here soon - at which time I can give you a definite rec (or not).

Okay yeah i would like that

If you recommend them ill get them.

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #5,313 of 5,364
Quote:
I wonder how the DT1350 pairs with the (rockboxed) clip zip and C&C BH? Actually, I don't want to know! (I'm sure the answer would be "awesome", and then resistance would be futile!).

I don't know about BH, but it pairs rather well with clip zip. I use it as my portable rig if I don't feel like carrying an amp.

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #5,316 of 5,364
Hey guys.. been a while since I've headed over to portable audio. I'm looking for some IEMs for around $250 for post-rock/acoustic folk/rock/ambient. Something with an excellent soundstage, beautiful mids, airy highs and deep, punchy bass.. though I don't need bass in high quantity, more just punchy for kick drums etc.

Any suggestions?

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #5,317 of 5,364
Quote:
Hey guys.. been a while since I've headed over to portable audio. I'm looking for some IEMs for around $250 for post-rock/acoustic folk/rock/ambient. Something with an excellent soundstage, beautiful mids, airy highs and deep, punchy bass.. though I don't need bass in high quantity, more just punchy for kick drums etc.

Any suggestions?

If you can extend your budget by about $50, you can get a W4, which is known for wide sound stage and neutral balance. Also, if you don't mind having slightly rolled off highs, SE425 is fine too.

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #5,318 of 5,364
Hi, I have the AT ckm500, and I need new tips for them. Firstly, the default ones cause a little bit of fatigue after a while, and secondly they don't provide enough isolation. 

What tips would be best? I heard that the auvio hybrid tips were great, but I can't find them anymore. It seems like they got replaced by silicon tips. 

Thanks in advance!

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #5,319 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi, I have the AT ckm500, and I need new tips for them. Firstly, the default ones cause a little bit of fatigue after a while, and secondly they don't provide enough isolation. 

What tips would be best? I heard that the auvio hybrid tips were great, but I can't find them anymore. It seems like they got replaced by silicon tips. 

Thanks in advance!

Comfort wise, foam tips are best imo. Look at comply foam tips. I'm sure they will have one that fits ckm500.

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #5,320 of 5,364
Quote:
Comfort wise, foam tips are best imo. Look at comply foam tips. I'm sure they will have one that fits ckm500.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to buy some, how many do you recommend getting? I heard that they wear out quite quickly, but a package of 3 should be sufficient for testing purposes, am I right? Are there any other equally good ones that I should try as well?

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #5,321 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to buy some, how many do you recommend getting? I heard that they wear out quite quickly, but a package of 3 should be sufficient for testing purposes, am I right? Are there any other equally good ones that I should try as well?

3 should be sufficient. I don't know the nozzle size for ckm500, but if shure olives fit, they are good as well.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #5,322 of 5,364
Quote:
Hey guys, sorry to leave some questions unanswered all of a sudden, but I'll be gone all day because of T.H.E. Show in Newport.  kimvictor, it's all you buddy!  Hopefully justblue will stop by sometime today. 
smile.gif

I was touring Tuscany in Italy, god it's so great. I'm drunk with cappuccino and I cannot reply now... sorry
wink_face.gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #5,323 of 5,364
Jun 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #5,324 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
LOL, well okay then... I have a suspicion that the Denon AH-C300 will fit the bill nicely.  I haven't heard it yet, but I've been receiving impressions from friends about it.  If you'd like to wait a day or two, my pair should be here soon - at which time I can give you a definite rec (or not).

Okay yeah i would like that

If you recommend them ill get them.

Cool, they should be here sometime today.  BTW, don't necessarily go just on my word, but I'll do my best to give you honest and straight up impressions. 
smile.gif
  That, combined with existing reviews, should be some decent info to consider. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #5,325 of 5,364

Users who are viewing this thread

Back