Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Dec 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #1,876 of 5,364
Quote:
Is there anywhere on the forum a list (as complete as possible I guess) of IEM models (I am mostly interested in universals) that have detachable cables?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-266-iems-compared-rock-it-sounds-r-50-added-11-29-12

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-dunu-crater-hawkeye-tai-chi-and-i-3c-s-added-dec-4th-2012

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #1,877 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi

Im looking for some well isolated headphones i can have while im working. (in ear)
I got really tight ear canals, so it would be great if i could fit comply foam on them.
price range (20-100$)

Sennheiser CX200 (takes size 400 comply tips)
JVC FX40 (takes size 400)
Sony MH1C (I believe this is size 300)

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #1,878 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello! 

Im seeking guidance on which headphone or inear that i should get. I have a pricerange of 0-200 dollars and i listen to everything except hiphop and rnb. My favourite artists are Frank Sinatra, Peter Gabriel and Sting. 

Im want a headphone/in-ear with very good isolation and comfort. You may also wanna know that my earcanals are very, very small and in-ears hardly fit, but if you got any recomendations please tell me! I really wanna try in-ears because i've tried so many headphones.

I don't want the m50s 

Cheers 

For a headphone I would try the DT1350.  It is amazingly resolving particularly in the mids and I think your Sinatra will sound nice on those.  TwinQY will surely have some good iem suggestions for you.

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #1,880 of 5,364
2 weeks ago i asked these questions in another thread, i was hoping someone here could answer them:

Quote:
The RE262(highly recommended) are very detailed and they are on sale at head-direct for only $99 and there bass will improve with E6. But if you want bass like on CX300 then GR07 are great buy with good punchy bass and wide soundstage.

The thing is that i don't really know if i want bass like on the CX300. It is the only IEM i ever bought and just don't know any better. I am really curious for the sound of the re-262, but:

-You mention a $99 price on head-direct, i however couldn't find them there.

-If i go on and try the re-262 but find they are not the right fit for me, is it easy to sell them with less then around $40 loss?

-Would the E11 instead of the E6 give an additional (little) boost to it's bass? And does a re-262 with the E6 (and the bass boost EQ) come close to the (unamped) GR07?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #1,881 of 5,364
Please guide me!

I'm seeking for an IEM that has a  WIDE and SPACIOUS soundstage - OUT OF THE HEAD-feeling. Further the lowest sub-bass most be present and the midrange has to have a degree of  "thickness". The pricerange is up to 200 $.

At the moment I'm looking at TDK IE800 which seems to fit my wishes.

Edvard

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #1,882 of 5,364
Please guide me!

I'm seeking for an IEM that has a  WIDE and SPACIOUS soundstage - OUT OF THE HEAD-feeling. Further the lowest sub-bass most be present and the midrange has to have a degree of  "thickness". The pricerange is up to 200 $.

Edvard

i will say try monoprice 8320 first, if u like the feel, get SONY EX600 or EX1000.

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #1,884 of 5,364
Quote:
Please guide me!

Edvard

Sounds like the EX600. Especially at that price point. Haven't heard much about the IE800, from the looks of other reviews (not a lot ATM) though, it may or may not do what you're looking for. 

Quote:
2 weeks ago i asked these questions in another thread, i was hoping someone here could answer them:

The thing is that i don't really know if i want bass like on the CX300. It is the only IEM i ever bought and just don't know any better. I am really curious for the sound of the re-262, but:

-You mention a $99 price on head-direct, i however couldn't find them there. http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=101

-If i go on and try the re-262 but find they are not the right fit for me, is it easy to sell them with less then around $40 loss? Not sure, considering that they've recently dropped to that price. There's a listing on the F/S forums right now for 110, maybe do an IC to see how much people will spring for them right now.

-Would the E11 instead of the E6 give an additional (little) boost to it's bass? And does a re-262 with the E6 (and the bass boost EQ) come close to the (unamped) GR07?The E11 can give a little bass boost to anything. The hardware EQ on these are especially good.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Hello everyone! 

After a couple years of Bose IE2's, I've decided its time for new headphones. When it comes to headphone use, I use them for either casual listening (for a couple hours) or while active, such as when I'm at the gym or running. For that reason, I'd prefer it if the headphones had a tendency to stay inside the ears, and comfortably also. I really enjoyed the IE2's for that reason, and I would buy another pair of IE2's, but people have told me I can do better for that amount of money. 

Volume control buttons would be nice, but not necessary. Same goes for mic. 

I'd also like something with a bit of bass - not so much that my head will hurt afterwards, but enough to enjoy. Don't know if this matters, but I'll be using them with a GS3, an iPod, and with a computer. My budget is around $150! 

Thank you so much!

Musical preferences? Around 100-150, there's the GR07, HF5 (HF3 - mic/remote version), RE262, FXD80, MTPG (Really bassy, good price on them right now though, mic as well). Do they need to isolate a lot? 

Quote:
Hello! 

Im seeking guidance on which headphone or inear that i should get. I have a pricerange of 0-200 dollars and i listen to everything except hiphop and rnb. My favourite artists are Frank Sinatra, Peter Gabriel and Sting. 

Im want a headphone/in-ear with very good isolation and comfort. You may also wanna know that my earcanals are very, very small and in-ears hardly fit, but if you got any recomendations please tell me! I really wanna try in-ears because i've tried so many headphones.

I don't want the m50s 

Cheers 

PFE122, really tiny IEMs, smooth signature for jazz, vocals and the likes. Decent isolation, fantastic comfort. 

Quote:
Hi

Im looking for some well isolated headphones i can have while im working. (in ear)
I got really tight ear canals, so it would be great if i could fit comply foam on them.
price range (20-100$)

Musical genres? Don't want to sound like a Phonak shill, but the PFE022 are very tiny, and have really small comply tips for them. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #1,885 of 5,364
Quote:

Quote:

-You mention a $99 price on head-direct, i however couldn't find them there. http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=101

-If i go on and try the re-262 but find they are not the right fit for me, is it easy to sell them with less then around $40 loss? Not sure, considering that they've recently dropped to that price. There's a listing on the F/S forums right now for 110, maybe do an IC to see how much people will spring for them right now.

-Would the E11 instead of the E6 give an additional (little) boost to it's bass? And does a re-262 with the E6 (and the bass boost EQ) come close to the (unamped) GR07?The E11 can give a little bass boost to anything. The hardware EQ on these are especially good.

Thanks in advance!

-Last time i checked head-direct (2 weeks ago) it was the same story: if you click the re-262 you get: 'The product has been removed', that's why i said i couldn't find them.

If i could get them for $100 i wouldn't hesitate for a sec.
-And what i really was asking about the E11 is if it gives more bass boost then the E6?

once again, thanks in advance!

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #1,886 of 5,364
Quote:
i will say try monoprice 8320 first, if u like the feel, get SONY EX600 or EX1000.

Yeah Sony EX600 seems promosiing. Monoprice looks cool but I'm looking for a more high end. Would have bought one anyways if it wasnt for the high shipping cost.

I've tried RE262, DDM1/2, FXT90 and plenty of other of lesser quality before. DDM is glitchy now and RE262 broken.

The EX600, does it have a midbass boost? I'd rather not have much of that. Something like RE262 but with better sub-bass.

So to be a bit more clear
- Wide and 3D-like soundstage
- Slightly midcentric
- No exaggerated mid-bass boost
- Deep sub-bass
- Under 200 $

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #1,887 of 5,364
Yeah Sony EX600 seems promosiing. Monoprice looks cool but I'm looking for a more high end. Would have bought one anyways if it wasnt for the high shipping cost.

I've tried RE262, DDM1/2, FXT90 and plenty of other of lesser quality before. DDM is glitchy now and RE262 broken.

The EX600, does it have a midbass boost? I'd rather not have much of that. Something like RE262 but with better sub-bass.

So to be a bit more clear
- Wide and 3D-like soundstage
- Slightly midcentric
- No exaggerated mid-bass boost
- Deep sub-bass
- Under 200 $

EX600 or MH1C way to go.
MH1C = 3D, EX600 = Wide

GET BOTH IMO

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #1,888 of 5,364
Long time listener, first time poster!

I currently have a set of klipsch s4 image which were the first headphones i put a little research into buying and when they popped up for £36 on amazon/$58 early last year i snapped them up and enjoyed them ever since.

Im looking to upgrade and although i cant justify a set of custom IEMS yet, i do want something that will be a good improvement in my s4s

I use my cowon J3 which obv has the BBE system so im assuming i can adapt and suit my music style and listening preference to which ever Iem i root for.

Ideally, i would get the gr07 bundle from lendmeurears inc the gr04 but there has been problems with their website, order wont go through, delayed response and im impatient so i want to wait 2 weeks for delivery.

So discounting the Vsonics, i am in two minds over budget and choices so advice would be over:

Audeo 112s $135 over etymotic hf5 $103

Or stepping up in price to:

Westone um2 dual drivers $223 over the shure se425 $239

There are so many conficting opinions over everything that has puzzled me as im usually pretty decisive. However with so many foibles like value for money, sound characteristics etc etc im puzzled.

Im not an audiophile yet, i would just like a better upgrade than my s4 but with comparable durability as i have been rough with them and they still work!

Thank you all in advance

Dec 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #1,889 of 5,364
I now have the Klipsch x10i, after my x10 was replaced under warranty.  I like the sound overall, and they are the most comfortable IEMs I have ever had.  I can hear details in music that I had missed before with cheaper IEMs and isolation from outside noise is great.  I seem to be sensitive to harsh high end and these IEMs are great for me.  However, I would describe their sound as a high end set of bookshelf speakers - very good sound and detail but lacking in low bass.  It is there, but at far lower levels that the rest of the music. 

Example:  Crystal Method's High Roller has the drums, but below that as the song starts (~45 seconds in or so) there is a low rumble.  In the car that's where the mirrors shake. 
wink_face.gif
  That's not what I usualy listen to but it is a way to show what I'm talking about. 

I'd love to stay under $100 as I did with the x10, but I could reach if needed.  I am looking for the mellow high end and detail of the x10 but with a subwoofer added.  Where do I look?

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #1,890 of 5,364
After I got my CX500s caught and the wires snapped, I'm looking for some earphones (buds or in ear I don't really mind), preferably hangdown and at around £50/60, though I'm willing to go higher should they be worth it, or will even wait should there be something soon to be released. I know it's not a considerable budget, but there must be a few that can punch above their weight.

I listen to pretty much any type of music so I'm just looking for overall sound quality; talk of mids and crisp highs and whathaveyou just sounds like gobbledygook to me so I can't really narrow it down further to what I want. Basically I just want them to sound good when I'm listening to rock, and good when I'm listening to classical as well.

Apart from that my main interest is that people won't be able to hear what I'm listening to and I can't hear them when I'm wearing them. Generally they will only be used with a Samsung P3 or in my laptop, so nothing too taxing. And obviously that they should be comfortable, but I imagine that is a given and subjective anyway.

Peripheral things like volume control I'm not too bothered about, but if they had it it'd be a plus, and I would prefer them to be of good build quality as they inevitably take a bashing, as well as low cable noise which was one thing that could distract me with my old earphones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back