Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Nov 26, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #1,621 of 5,364
Hey Twin, thanks for the help.  I'd had my eye on the X10's for a bit, and I just figured to go ahead and order them.  I'm still a bit concerned about how long they will last, but I've heard Klipsch customer service is great to work with if I do need to deal with something.  Considering this is my first real set of quality in-ear's, I imagine this is but the first of many orders I'll make anyway.  Thanks again!

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #1,622 of 5,364
Quote:

Well, I'm willing to go with IEMs, it's just that I've always been disappointed with what I've tried. I haven't gone aftermarket for tips, but I just tried my girlfriend's UE600s again, and with the foam tips, they're fairly comfortable, and surprisingly, didn't fall out. Which is great. So, I think I'm probably going to go for IEMs, based on size and portability alone. And I guess you're right -- my budget is too limiting. What about <$100? 

As far as the M50/KNS8400 suggestion, I appreciate it, but even without the budget, they wouldn't be on my radar. They're too similar in size to my SRH440s, and I'm really looking for something much smaller. The Philips phones seem to be the best option of the three portables you suggested, especially with the microphone which I forgot to mention as a major plus(a completely optional and unnecessary plus!!). I'm looking at some reviews for the S500s, which don't really look like bad choices so far, so thanks.

But again, can you suggest some IEMs that match the sound criteria I listed, under $100? Thank you.

HF5, PFE022. But really the HF5. There's a HF3 with mic as well. Defines flat IMO. You can go a bit below budget and aim for the E30, ADDIEM, RE0 as well. 

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #1,623 of 5,364
I asked in this thread earlier about recommendations and went toward getting a v-moda m80 for my first high quality headphone (or maybe the crossfades since theres a deal), but I heard the soundstage isn't that great on it. Is it really nothing impressive or can anyone recommend me something that is equal in quality but has a better sound stage? ($150ish budget)

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #1,624 of 5,364
Quote:
The GR06 are very good value for the money. They're a bit lush and...well, not slow, but, definitely not an aggressive IEM. Don't know how that'd pan out for metal and the likes. I know people who really like the Q460, and the K518 is just a fun listen. I think for rock/metal, the SE215 might be worth it though. 

thanks for your advice :)

I would like to hear some more opinions so I copied the original post once again:

Hi guys, kinda new here and looking for an advice.

I am using COWON Z2 player and listen mainly to rock/metal music, and looking for earphones/headphones.
My budget is about 60$, the less the better :D.

I was thinking about the vSonic GR06, and would like to know if there any other better option?
How do these earphones compare to the next ones:
MEElectronics 151
AKG K518
AKG Q460

also, are the shure SE215 are much better and worth the money?
How are the AstroTec AM-90 compared to the GR06, and are the GR06 worth the extra 20$?

Right now I am using fake AKG K324P which cost about 12$ on ebay, will I notice a major difference?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English :)

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #1,625 of 5,364
Quote:
You didn't like my answer before? 
frown.gif

I did! I just was looking for more input. Thanks for your response!!
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #1,626 of 5,364
I asked in this thread earlier about recommendations and went toward getting a v-moda m80 for my first high quality headphone (or maybe the crossfades since theres a deal), but I heard the soundstage isn't that great on it. Is it really nothing impressive or can anyone recommend me something that is equal in quality but has a better sound stage? ($150ish budget)

The greatness of soundstage is all relative to taste actually but one headphone that will blow you away in that category of on ear is the dt1350. The detail and separation of instruments is very impressive. For a truly airy wide sounding soundstage you will need an open air headphone. In a closed portable on ear the dt1350 is about as good as it gets imo in sound quality. It can be found used for 190 to 200. Bit over ur budget but worth the upgrade over the m80.

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #1,627 of 5,364
Crossfade LP and Image x10's are on massive discout now. How do those compare in terms of bass as compared to xb500s?

EDIT: X10's are out of the questio now.

I see a bunch of mixed opinions about the LP. Too bad Lp2 isn't on sale too. :frowning2:

Nov 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #1,628 of 5,364
Quote:
The greatness of soundstage is all relative to taste actually but one headphone that will blow you away in that category of on ear is the dt1350. The detail and separation of instruments is very impressive. For a truly airy wide sounding soundstage you will need an open air headphone. In a closed portable on ear the dt1350 is about as good as it gets imo in sound quality. It can be found used for 190 to 200. Bit over ur budget but worth the upgrade over the m80.

Hmm the dt1350 are a little pricey for me : /

Are they any more options? If anyone with a m-80 would like to share their input on the soundstage as well I'd love to hear it(Is it terrible? or are people overexaggerating? Will I even notice since I've never gotten a pair of high quality headphones?).

Also, how much a difference does an amp make to x10s or m-80s? Is it worth it to invest in a cheap one if I don't put very high volume on in the first place?

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #1,629 of 5,364
Right now I'm looking for some in ears around the range of £30
I've found the Brainwavz M4 (Maybe R1), Dunu Trident or RHA MA-350

Anybody know what would be the best choice?
Main listening would be rock/metal, some electronic, some hip-hop, so pretty bassy stuff, which I've heard these are good for
Any other suggestions too? Those are just ones i've found that fit the budget and needs

Just for general use, on the bus etc, nothing out of the ordinary
Thanks

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #1,630 of 5,364
My current IEMs keep falling out of my ear when I'm running, so I want a new pair that hooks over my ears to prevent this. $100-$150 price range, like a good amount of bass. Suggestions? Something like the Bang & Olufsen A8s but with a better low-end.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #1,631 of 5,364
Right now I'm looking for some in ears around the range of £30

I've found the Brainwavz M4 (Maybe R1), Dunu Trident or RHA MA-350

Anybody know what would be the best choice?

Main listening would be rock/metal, some electronic, some hip-hop, so pretty bassy stuff, which I've heard these are good for

Any other suggestions too? Those are just ones i've found that fit the budget and needs

Just for general use, on the bus etc, nothing out of the ordinary

Thanks

I suggest just reading the reviews done by ClieOS on both the B4 and the RHA. They both seem to fit your description just based on my reading with the RHA being more sparkly of the two. It's prolly the best most complete answer to your question.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #1,632 of 5,364
My current IEMs keep falling out of my ear when I'm running, so I want a new pair that hooks over my ears to prevent this. $100-$150 price range, like a good amount of bass. Suggestions? Something like the Bang & Olufsen A8s but with a better low-end.

There are a couple Sennheiser products that you can look up with hooks but I would suggest looking into trying Comply Foam tips for running with a lightweight IEM. I don't know what you are using right now but with those tips maybe you won't have to get something new.

I use cheap budget IEMs like the CX200 and JVC FX40 for workouts with comply tips and they just will not fall out for any reason. Then I use my nicer IEMs with biflange tips.

Have you tried foam tips?

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #1,633 of 5,364
Hello,

I'm new to the forums and it looks like this is the place to ask the question I joined up to ask instead of clogging up the main forums.

I used to have some soundmagic PL50s until they rather unfortunately died. I liked the sound on them (especially with comply tips) - I listen to a mix of rock and lighter a capella stuff, so they seemed to suit my music fairly well, without being too light on the bass.

I'm considering either some Phonak Audeo PFE 012's or some Shure SE215's as a replacement. Previous phones I've enjoyed were the Phillips SHE 9850 and Shure E3c (both sadly now gone.)

Are either of the two I mentioned there worth the money? Is this a sensible price point - should I move to the £120-ish mark instead? Any advice that people have would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

Cpfoxhunt

EDIT: Oh and I have some Comply t100 foam tips left over, which is leading me to lean towards the Shure's at the moment, but I can always get some t130's for the Phonaks. They're just a bit harder to source in the UK.

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #1,634 of 5,364
I have the S4's right now and kinda miss my RE0's and how clear they were...I liked them for just wanting to chill out in the car and drift. 

Would the HF5 for $60 be a good deal? I really need something comfortable and that is good for folk, indie rock, etc.....worried about the HF5 not being comfortable to wear for over an hour. Also concerned about their microphonics.

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #1,635 of 5,364
Hello everyone..

noobie here, where I'm seeking some advice for a pair of in-ear headphones. Pretty much I'm looking for a pair of cans under $150 that would be best for electronic music- techno & house. I brought a pair of Sony's (can't remember the model) about 2 yrs ago for about $100 and they just crapped out so looking to invest about the same just with much better sound quality. If anyone can suggest about 2-3 to choose from, I would highly appreciate it. 

If it helps, I'll be using them for to/from work and at work for the most part- an avg of 5hrs/day. Most use for my Android phone (HTC One S). 

thanks!

edit: Also, after doing a brief reading from the previous pages, any tips to go along with it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back