Hi, I'm looking for a new pair of earphones with inline mic for my iPhone since I had my House of Marley Redemption Song ones stolen. I have to say I quite liked them overrall, though I found them a little uncomfortable to wear for long but that was my first foray into in-ear phones so I wasn't sure what to expect. I will be using mainly to listen to music (rock, pop, acoustic), for phone calls, and also for movies on laptop.
My criteria are:
- In-ear, though I would also consider earbuds. I have a pair of full-size for home use already.
- Inline mic with 3-button iPhone compatible remote (I found this very useful)
- Able to wear cable drop-down (I do not want cables over the ear even if it has benefits)
- Durability very important as they will be sitting in my pocket with my phone most of the time.
- Tangle-free cable, NOT J-shape, fabric would be welcome - I really liked the fabric cable on the Redemption Songs
- Wood material a plus, or if not a classy design that's not too flashy.
- Preferably a right-angled plug
- High-isolation is not important to me so I don't want deep-insertion, comfort is more important as I will be taking them in and out a lot.
- Will not be using them for sport/jogging
- I'm not so concerned by having thumping bass, more interested in clear soundstage and vocals.
- Budget somewhat variable, but not more than $150, preferably less than $100.
At the moment I may just get another pair of Redemption Songs, or perhaps their Zion ones as they appear to have a more rounded design that may fit better. But if anyone has other suggestions that fulfil the criteria above, I'd be very happy to hear!
Thanks in advance....