Buying my first wireless headphones, confused as hell. (RS 160 vs. MDR-RF4000K)
Sep 22, 2010 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cemk

New Head-Fier

Hey there!

I'm buying my first desktop computer in a long time, and I would like to get some wireless headphones for it. I want wireless, because I'm not good with wires. I'm not good with keyboard cables, I'm not good with charger cables. I break them, I break stuff because of them. It's just not for me.

Anyway… My favorite in-ear earphones are the first version of CX300's and the EP-630i's, my least favorite ones are new CX300's and CX300 II's. My favorite speaker set is Altec Lansing 251 and my least favorite is FX5051. (From the ones I used only. I also used to hate Creative and Logitech speakers too, but haven't listened to them in a while now, so I don't know how good the new ones are.)

To sum up: I like strongish bass and balanced sound. 

You can see my music taste here: http://www.last.fm/user/iyiinsan

I found the Sony MDR-RF4000K's and the Sennheiser RS 160's. I will be living in a small dorm room and will have a WiFi router next to computer. (Actually, in the computer. You know, Mac OS X has a router functionality… So… Yeah.)

I can get the Sony one for 979SEK delivered (~$140) and Sennheiser one for 1149SEK delivered (~$165). I have read some reviews of the RS 160, they say it's "so-so", but I haven't read any proper reviews on the Sony one and I don't know if it's actually very bad or just "so-so" like RS 160 is claimed to be.

I'd really appreciate some help with this, since I don't have much experience with and knowledge about audio equipment. I might even get the older RS 120's or something like that if it sounds similar to my EP630i's.

I'm open to any suggestion as long as it's $150-ish.

Thanks in advance guys,
Cem K.

Sep 22, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 2
Nevermind, I tried out an RS 170 today.

It sucked.

So I'm going with some open-type headphone with a detachable cable. Probably Goldring DR100, since I can get it for 300SEK cheaper than its retail price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back