Buying GS-1000 outside of the US
May 3, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
Friends! x4

Wasn't there a guy offering to buy GS1000s and have them shipped to an American if they would then ship to him after a 10 day try out period.

There's an idea.

I'd do that...you cover my expenses and let me borrow them for a week, and I'd be glad to be a shipping point...

May 3, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Blaine, if your connection falls through, I would be willing to hand deliver a pair to you. All you'd need to cover would be my airfare (first class), all ground transportation (Bentley stretch, please), and lodging (suite at the Langham Hotel) for 3 nights. In the end, it'll STILL be cheaper than buying your GS's locally
evil_smiley.gif

Lol!

Thanks for the offer BRB, I'll bear it in mind if all else fails.
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #33 of 41
That's wonderfully generous, grawk. Just doing some head-scratching over the logistics involved such as Thai foreign exchange approval for a private transaction. I'm sure others are equally enthusiastic but Europe is much easier for this sort of thing than Southeast Asia. Nothing is impossible, though, given time and patience.

In the meantime, thanks a million for your offer of help. I'm getting the feeling Head-fi is one of the friendliest and most helpful forums around. Maybe THE friendliest. This community seems to find a solution to every problem its members experience. I really like that spirit and hope that doesn't come across as patronising because it's certainly not intended to.

Will continue this discussion by PM if feasible. The GS-1000s are now almost within reach. That's exciting. A few hours ago they were an impossible dream and my wallet was safe.

May 3, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #34 of 41
Grado really do suck when buying from anywhere that isn't the US.

That's why I ended up going the Alessandro route.

I could get MS-1s over here for $150AU.

Originally I was looking at SR-80s. The SR80s were $175 without shipping.

The MS-1s was a 20 minute drive and I could audition, worked out cheaper and the MS-1s are apparently comparable to the 125s.

Wasn't a hard decision to make. The store owner I got them from himself said Grado are a pain to get, with certain sales needed and they also have a higher price tag.

Then they've got odd rules regarding Alessandro, not allowed to advertise them as Grado, do the run around with warranty.

Sorry to detract from the original topic, although this was raised by almost everyone anyway.

But as much as I love their headphones, tweaked as they are... I think it's a real turn off for international buyers.

May 3, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #35 of 41
Hi fellow International Head-Fi'ers,

I'm willing to be your American friend too if you need one.

I'm in the Detroit area (There's no joy in HockeyTown anymore) and will forward the unopened package to you as shipped by Todd.

I've shipped Internationally in the past, using the U.S. Postal Service which is very economical. All I would need from you, is payment via PayPal for the actual insured shipping costs to you, and whatever fees PayPal may charge me - like currency conversion charges, etc.

GRod

May 4, 2006 at 10:48 AM Post #36 of 41
I jumped on the GS-1000 bandwagon early and pre-ordered a pair before I knew that Balanced pairs would be offered. I have yet to receive the regular GS-1000, and after I do it will probably be a month or so before I get the box. I am going to order a Balanced Pair and would like to sell my regular pair so I break even after all shipping and any other costs. If anyone is interested send me a PM. Thanks.

May 4, 2006 at 11:09 AM Post #37 of 41
88Sound, i sent you a PM regarding that last post, very tempting
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Sound
I jumped on the GS-1000 bandwagon early and pre-ordered a pair before I knew that Balanced pairs would be offered. I have yet to receive the regular GS-1000, and after I do it will probably be a month or so before I get the box. I am going to order a Balanced Pair and would like to sell my regular pair so I break even after all shipping and any other costs. If anyone is interested send me a PM. Thanks.

If you know you're going to get a balacned pair why not just change your order right off the bat before either pair starts shipping?

May 4, 2006 at 11:25 AM Post #39 of 41
My understanding is that the initial shipping without box is imminent. I could also return the phones for full refund and re-order balanced phones. But why not get the regular phones, compare them with the balanced phones when I get those, leave the original sale with a Head-Fi sponsor, give an additional sale to another Head-Fi sponsor and help an international Head-Fi member in the process. Seems like a Win-Win-Win-Win to me.

May 4, 2006 at 11:45 AM Post #40 of 41
Luckily for me, I never had to care about this sort of issue with a house over at CA....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRod
Hi fellow International Head-Fi'ers,

I'm willing to be your American friend too if you need one.

I'm in the Detroit area (There's no joy in HockeyTown anymore) and will forward the unopened package to you as shipped by Todd.

I've shipped Internationally in the past, using the U.S. Postal Service which is very economical. All I would need from you, is payment via PayPal for the actual insured shipping costs to you, and whatever fees PayPal may charge me - like currency conversion charges, etc.

GRod

Dear Friends,

I want talk to you about an exceptional headfier I've found on Gilbert GRod.

Not only he's a very nice and polite person,
but definitely I must say "exquisite and really friendly".

He declared to be willing to reship a Grado GS1000 to foreign headfiers and he did it for me, an absolute stranger.

And not only did it once, but he sent me three packages from Todd and he didn't wait for my money arrived, but he shipped it before.

I'm really impressed by so much kindness and I'm proud to have an American Friend like him.

Thanks again Gilbert !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back