Buying GS-1000 outside of the US
May 2, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
The GS1000 is going to be distributed by Grado's dealer network. So, once it is in full production, you should be able to get one anywhere there is a Grado dealer.

Thanks Hirsch.

Any idea of pricing?

May 2, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #17 of 41
Yes, in europe will be 3 times the USA price !!!

May 2, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #18 of 41
Grado pricing in Canada is extremely high.

Fortunately, the US is not a long drive away, it would be easy for me to drive down, and pick one up myself when they are available in stores.

May 2, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik

3 times!!
eek.gif

Luckily then that I know someone in the US that will send me one then.

Will hopefully order them this week.
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blainethepain
3 times!!
eek.gif

Luckily then that I know someone in the US that will send me one then.

Will hopefully order them this week.
biggrin.gif

Blaine, if your connection falls through, I would be willing to hand deliver a pair to you. All you'd need to cover would be my airfare (first class), all ground transportation (Bentley stretch, please), and lodging (suite at the Langham Hotel) for 3 nights. In the end, it'll STILL be cheaper than buying your GS's locally
evil_smiley.gif

May 2, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik

I don't know about Italy but it's twice the US price in Finland. RS-1 is ~1150EUR and RS-2 is ~850EUR here in Finland. So I would say that GS1000 will cost about 2000EUR when it is sold here.

Well little bit over twice the price. But less than three times.
wink.gif

May 2, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
I don't know about Italy but it's twice the US price in Finland. RS-1 is ~1200EUR and RS-2 is ~850EUR here in Finland. So I would say that GS1000 will cost about 2000EUR when it is sold here.

Good, if I'll not get them in USA, I'll buy in Finland for only twice the price...

May 2, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #24 of 41
Here in Thailand you can't buy them at ANY price because there is no Grado dealer or distributor in the country. Yet I am not allowed to buy any Grados from Todd because that might upset my local dealer. That's the local dealer I don't have because he doesn't exist.
confused.gif

There's something not quite right, kind of silly and even discriminatory about that IMO. This kind of attitude by American companies certainly doesn't help the US trade deficit which could use some positive thinking.
rolleyes.gif

Grado should buy a map of the world so they can see just how many potential sales this crazy and selfish policy is costing them. If they allowed online sales to households in countries with no Grado reps, I predict the sun would still continue to rise over Brooklyn each morning. And Todd would then become my "local" dealer.
tongue.gif

What's so wrong with that?

May 2, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #25 of 41
Well, i think as Europeans we can considered ourself lucky that (actually) the dollar is weak against euro. I remembered 3 years ago you had to pay €1,050 for RS-2 and €1,600 for RS-1 here in France. Hopefully, so far, i was not interested in Grado products. Now with all the (inevitably) hype surrounding the new GS-1000 i will try at least to borrow one from a shop when and if they hit the street here. It's very instructive to compare personal impression with others.

You know, i really think Mr John Grado should take a better care about his export business [BTW there's absolutely no list of international distributor on Grado website]. I have never seen an American product sold with so much markup over here. I know from experience that audiophile gear importers can be very greedy here, especially compared with high-end pro gear importers, so i would likely believe it's not entirely Mr John Grado's fault. But he would sell much much more in Europe if his headphones were reasonably priced.

Actually an 'honest' price for GS-1000 would be €1,000 in Europe, when the change difference is 'canceled' with the VAT we have to pay (from 15% to 20%).

May 2, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #26 of 41
It's not that bad up here in Europe, we have cheap chips and beer to
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
It's not that he can't ship outside of the US that sucks, it's the MSRP that has to be followed or else that's the problem of us non-americans. Poor Europe!

May 2, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastergill
Well, i think as Europeans we can considered ourself lucky that (actually) the dollar is weak against euro. I remembered 3 years ago you had to pay €1,050 for RS-2 and €1,600 for RS-1 here in France. Hopefully, so far, i was not interested in Grado products. Now with all the (inevitably) hype surrounding the new GS-1000 i will try at least to borrow one from a shop when and if they hit the street here. It's very instructive to compare personal impression with others.

You know, i really think Mr John Grado should take a better care about his export business [BTW there's absolutely no list of international distributor on Grado website]. I have never seen an American product sold with so much markup over here. I know from experience that audiophile gear importers can be very greedy here, especially compared with high-end pro gear importers, so i would likely believe it's not entirely Mr John Grado's fault. But he would sell much much more in Europe if his headphones were reasonably priced.

Actually an 'honest' price for GS-1000 would be €1,000 in Europe, when the change difference is 'canceled' with the VAT we have to pay (from 15% to 20%).

And the pound is even better!
biggrin.gif
Which is why I insist in buying my grado's from my American friends... well head-fiers and ebay sellers.

Rule Britannia!!!
tongue.gif

A possible reason behind the high prices is that Grado can only produce a certain amount of headphones over a period because its all "in house". If it was opened up to us in the rest of the world the surge of demand would probably wipe the grado's off them market as soon as they were made...of course I'd like that but I don't see it happening.

May 2, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #28 of 41
Rule Britannia?

Well, Squall2072, as a fellow Brit originally from Bath, just up the road from your home in Craig David country, I have to admit that the Stars and Stripes are more helpful in this quest. There are some huge advantages in being American and this thread illustrates just one.
580smile.gif

May 2, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Finucane
Rule Britannia?

Well, Squall2072, as a fellow Brit originally from Bath, just up the road from your home in Craig David country, I have to admit that the Stars and Stripes are more helpful in this quest. There are some huge advantages in being American and this thread illustrates just one.
580smile.gif

Ah most certainly true, but we are brothers; the yanks and us, and they help me out with the crazy UK prices
icon10.gif

May 3, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Make friends with Americans.
wink.gif

Biggie.

Friends! x4

Wasn't there a guy offering to buy GS1000s and have them shipped to an American if they would then ship to him after a 10 day try out period.

There's an idea.

I can be a Friend too.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back