Burson's sexy flagship: Burson Soloist Voyager. Pure Pure Class-A, 10Watts fully balanced
Dec 29, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #76 of 186
My new V7 Classic Dual OP-amps for my Conductor 3X GT DAC will arrive on 2/1.

AND,.my new Voyager head-amp arrives on 3/1.
And today my new streamer InnuOs Zen mk3 arrived.
These should be connected with Shunyata Alpha XLR-
DSC_0333~3.JPG
DSC_0338~2.JPG
cables.

It will be really interesting to hear how this will play after a Burn-in of 150 hours.

Jan 3, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #81 of 186
An odd choice for sure. It just seems premature to take conclusions about an audio device after just one hour.

Jan 3, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #82 of 186
O
Hello 🙂
Please explain why you are selling a new Voyager head-amp that is only an hour old.?
Simply overkill for my system. I have two set ups. My morning set up in the living room (Kann Ultra paired with Meze Elite, and a Hifiman Serenade paired with a ZMF Atticus) and my afternoon/evening set up in my office in the basement. Cayin tube Amp, MHDT tube DAC, Pontus II, Hifi Rose RS250a and a SPL Phonitor X. What happened during the 6 weeks I waited for the Voyager to arrive I found myself using the morning set up more and more. So I am reducing my investment in the afternoon/evening set up.

I would describe the amp (not broken in) paired with the Susvara as sweet (to my ears) in a good way.

Jan 3, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #83 of 186
I agree with you that stand alone DAC's are better.
I think Burson said so because I already have a Conductor 3X GT.

Do you have any advice on a good DAC that fits the Soloist 3X GT 2023.
I am using a Hegel HD30 and its low noise floor, transparency, dynamics and detail shine with the GT.

Jan 5, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #84 of 186
My Voyager is just up and running. First few hours it was pretty crummy but currently, impressions are good. I hear real potential here. Voyager is already more enjoyable than my Bliss was. I’m still weeks away from full break in and a completed opinion regarding sound quality. The initial presentation is, nice refinement and space, smooth, absolutely no glare. Addressing the heat topic, the top of the chassis is definitely warm but not hot, no problem or discomfort leaving my hand on it, the copper side panels are near heat sink hot. I would say its top chassis temperature feels the same as my previously owned Enleum Amp-23r.

My remote is a little glitchy, not quick to respond, but not a deal breaker. I have to repeatedly push and release either the volume- or + to get it working. Anyone else having this remote problem, or is it maybe a low battery issue? Is there an owners manual anywhere? Anyone tried Voyager’s preamp amp outputs into a power amp yet?

I read that no cables should be connected to the 3x GT while music is playing or if the DAC or source is simply turned on. I have wonder if this also applies to Voyager.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #85 of 186
I contacted Burson concerning warranty registration (the Voyager isn’t selectable) but they don’t seem to be very responsive these days…

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #86 of 186
I contacted Burson concerning warranty registration (the Voyager isn’t selectable) but they don’t seem to be very responsive these days…
they're busy innovating...

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #87 of 186
Anyone having intermittent/glitchy remote control + - volume issues? Seems worse eight or more feet out.

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #88 of 186
Anyone having intermittent/glitchy remote control + - volume issues? Seems worse eight or more feet out.

Not really, but there seem to be some volume steps which don't correspond to a number increase or decrease. Sometimes you push the button, you feel the volume has changed but the number hasn't.

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #89 of 186
I just received my Voyager it's been plugged in for a day. Waiting for a Wyze remote modem to be delivered to connect to my Sonnet Hermes. The Voyager runs hot for sure... Still waiting for ZMF to return my Atrium, I do Have my He 1000SE though...

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #90 of 186
Ok so… viability with IEMs is still poor, same as the Soloist GT. The noise floor is WAY too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back