Burson's sexy flagship: Burson Soloist Voyager. Pure Pure Class-A, 10Watts fully balanced
Jan 12, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #91 of 189
😛 I have now run my Voyager on a playlist constantly for 57 hours out of 150 of my burn-in period...
AND,.already the qualities are starting to be noticed compared to the Soloist 3X GT 2023 I had before.

This is going to be really good.

I will also be upgrading my DAC tomorrow from the V6 Vivid OP-amps to the new V7 Classic Dual OP-amps…
It will be really interesting.

BUT,.it runs significantly hotter than the Soloist 3X GT 2023,.so I had to put it at the top of my Mana Acoustics Reference rack for better cooling.

Attachments

• DSC_0369~2.JPG
    DSC_0369~2.JPG
    521.6 KB · Views: 0
Jan 13, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #93 of 189
😛 I have now run my Voyager on a playlist constantly for 57 hours out of 150 of my burn-in period...
AND,.already the qualities are starting to be noticed compared to the Soloist 3X GT 2023 I had before.

I will also be upgrading my DAC tomorrow from the V6 Vivid OP-amps to the new V7 Classic Dual OP-amps…

BUT,.it runs significantly hotter than the Soloist 3X GT 2023,.so I had to put it at the top of my Mana Acoustics Reference rack for better cooling.
I have the soloist gt, but man the voyager looks stunning, shame about the heat though. But if it is a real problem for you, want to trade? Hahaha😂😁

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #95 of 189
I have the soloist gt, but man the voyager looks stunning, shame about the heat though. But if it is a real problem for you, want to trade? Hahaha😂😁
😂😁..NO..!!
Soloist 3X GT 2023 is amazingly good,.especially with the new SP2-modules.
If you don't have them,.my advice is to upgrade to them.

It doesn't run that hot,.so I think I'll keep my Voyager 😉😁.
And I agree with you,.the more I look at my Voyager, the more I love the look.

Attachments

• DSC_0343~3.JPG
    DSC_0343~3.JPG
    431.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0346~2.JPG
    DSC_0346~2.JPG
    634.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 13, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #96 of 189
gonna be honest there are a bunch of people thus far with units but nobody really commenting on the sound quality of this amp. We are getting bishing about heat, about volume step skips, and noise with iems. It’s full class A with no active fan so yes case is a giant Heat synch. Fine it has iem noise but iems don’t need this power. Yes the volume step issue has been around with Burson since we all bought our soloist 3xp 3 years ago.

how does it perform with high level headphones - sus, phi tc, Utopia, lcd4/5, tungsten?

how does it compare to the soloist 3xgt 23 now that is has the sp2 / v7 ?

how does it compare to the bliss or enleum/bakoon?

has anyone tested the preamp capability? Has anyone really tested it and I don’t mean in active desktop monitors but I mean in a full 2 channel setup feeding a power amps or monos on a set to higher end towers?

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #97 of 189
gonna be honest there are a bunch of people thus far with units but nobody really commenting on the sound quality of this amp. We are getting bishing about heat, about volume step skips, and noise with iems. It’s full class A with no active fan so yes case is a giant Heat synch. Fine it has iem noise but iems don’t need this power. Yes the volume step issue has been around with Burson since we all bought our soloist 3xp 3 years ago.

how does it perform with high level headphones - sus, phi tc, Utopia, lcd4/5, tungsten?

has anyone tested the preamp capability? Has anyone really tested it and I don’t mean in active desktop monitors but I mean in a full 2 channel setup feeding a power amps or monos on a set to higher end towers?
Very good points, I would also like to hear about the Voyager's sound quality even if it's only initial impressions. Any comparison with other amps at its price point would be welcomed as well.

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #98 of 189

Have you ever tried the Holo Bliss with IEMs? :)

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #99 of 189
😂😁..NO..!!
Soloist 3X GT 2023 is amazingly good,.especially with the new SP2-modules.
If you don't have them,.my advice is to upgrade to them.

It doesn't run that hot,.so I think I'll keep my Voyager 😉😁.
And I agree with you,.the more I look at my Voyager, the more I love the look.
To me it the voyager has the back to the future look and vibe, my favorite old movies😁

Attachments

• IMG_6535.png
    IMG_6535.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #100 of 189

Hi I previously had a 2022 Soloist 3x GT (the version without the upgradable power modules) and now have the Burson Soloist Voyager.

I use this setup with the following combos
- 300b monoblocks (WE 300b resissues)
- Burson timekeeper 3x GT monoblocks
- Audeze LCD-X

Turntable. technics Sl-1200G ZYX 4D cartridge
Phono. IFI iphono3 black
Speakers klipsch Cornwall
dAC. denafrips Pontus II

I have only had my soloist voyager in place 3 days and have not tested the headphones yet and one of the timekeeper monoblocks has an issue to be fixed under warranty (so can’t test that yet).

But I can say with the 300b tube
Amps, there is a greater resolution of details and a nicer fuller midrange than with the previous Burson soloist. The soundstage is not any bigger but given nothing else changed in my system I didn’t expect that, and I am already very happy with that anyway. The Soundstage is more balanced and rounded, plenty of bass, high end clear without being shrill and a solid and well rounded midrange. playback of digital music Roon/qobuz/hqplayer doesn’t have any hint of a “digital” soundstage, it’s realistic and an easy listen.

I also like the fact of no fan noise, which to me was audible on my previous soloist. Interestingly the same fan is the 2 timekeepers but I could not hear those unless I put my ear close to the amp.

As others have noted this thing gets very hot, hopefully this doesn’t impact the longevity of the amp? And yes the volume issue when you use the manual knob rather than remote. I have no issues with the remote volume control and the new remote is much nicer slightly larger heavier and with a nicer feel in the hand.

Jan 13, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #101 of 189
To me it the voyager has the back to the future look and vibe, my favorite old movies😁
I was in 2 minds about the look before I had one in my system, but after 3 days I like the look over the previous Soloist 3X GT (I had the version with all silver buttons and knobs).

The copper look on the voyager maybe not to everyone’s liking but it isn’t garish.

Jan 13, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #102 of 189

I moved my voyager to the top of the mothership 1 also for best heat dissipation. I was curious about upgrading the op amp from v6 vivid to the v7 version in my timekeepers as well. Lucky they only have 1 double in each.

Where did you see the v7 version of the op amps available? I can’t see these or price on the Burson website.

Jan 15, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #103 of 189
I moved my voyager to the top of the mothership 1 also for best heat dissipation. I was curious about upgrading the op amp from v6 vivid to the v7 version in my timekeepers as well. Lucky they only have 1 double in each.

Where did you see the v7 version of the op amps available? I can’t see these or price on the Burson website.

Just like it has been for a while for the Silent Power Modules v2 I think you can get them inquiring Burson directly. They didn't put them on the shop yet.
If they follow the Silent Modules path, it may take a couple of more months to see them listed.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #104 of 189
Still waiting for a manual (well, not really, it works about the same as the Soloist GT) and most of all for the possibility to register the Voyager for the extended warranty (it can't be selected in the devices list). They're a bit slow on these things.

Jan 15, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #105 of 189

Users who are viewing this thread

Back