Burson HA-160D
Apr 14, 2011 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

digiman

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm trying to buy a HA-160D for my LCD-2s, however there seems to be a drought in the UK. I noticed Moon Audio are selling a few on ebay with international postage. Does anyone know if I bought the amp from the US it would work in the UK with a different voltage/cable?

Many thanks

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 24
I don't have an answer but you could try contacting Chris Johnson at Parts ConneXion here in Canada, prices are comparable to the US and I suspect it there's a simple modification needed they may be able to do it there.

Edit: Looking at a pic of the back it seems there might just be a switch.

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #3 of 24

Quote:
Hi,

I'm trying to buy a HA-160D for my LCD-2s, however there seems to be a drought in the UK. I noticed Moon Audio are selling a few on ebay with international postage. Does anyone know if I bought the amp from the US it would work in the UK with a different voltage/cable?

Many thanks

I found two websites in the UK selling these. One doe snot have it in stock at all and another, after contacting them via email, said they can have it in 2 weeks and I paid half the price now, they will let me know when they have it and I will pay the rest and they will ship it.

Price is 950GBP - itemaudio.co.uk

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #4 of 24
Interesting, i've bought from Item before, very good support.

It seems the HA-160 has an international voltage switch. So i'm hoping the 160D has the same. But confirmation would be great from anyone who actually has one.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 24

Quote:

It seems the HA-160 has an international voltage switch. So i'm hoping the 160D has the same. But confirmation would be great from anyone who actually has one.

Remember that buying from abroad (Canada, US) will mean paying customs and handling charges. 

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 24

Quote:

Yes, the 160D also has a voltage selector. I don´t have it with me but I think you can select between 110 or 230V.

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #10 of 24
The Burson is a nice match for the Audeze, i have them currently and i was impressed by the magical of this amp. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #11 of 24

Quote:

Let me know how the buy goes and how much the extra cost of shipping, customs etc., is and what the final price you pay.

Just to let people know. Ordered the burson from moon audio on ebay. Total (including customs) came to about 850. This is the same price as angel sound, and cheaper then item audio.

Only annoying thing is having to wait for postage due to all the bank holidays. Its coming tuesday, so that's about 6 days not including bank holidays.

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #12 of 24

Quote:
Just to let people know. Ordered the burson from moon audio on ebay. Total (including customs) came to about 850. This is the same price as angel sound, and cheaper then item audio.  
Only annoying thing is having to wait for postage due to all the bank holidays. Its coming tuesday, so that's about 6 days not including bank holidays.

Thanks for the update. I am waiting for mine too bought though Item Audio with a bit lower price to almost match the one from the US.

Jun 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #14 of 24
I am wondering the same thing.  I can read the cached version of threads realting to the 160 on Google, but many of them give an error message on this site.

I am trying to decide between a 160D and a WA6SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back