Burson Conductor Impressions thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #16 of 51
Going to post my Virtuoso for sale soon if anyone is interested.......

Jul 16, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #17 of 51
Hello,
I wonder does anyone have the same issue with BA Conductor SL 9018 as I do.
After Conductor is swithched on and until it did not warm up the sound stutters every 20-30 seconds. It continues only 4-5 minutes. After that everething goes fine.

The interesting thing is that issue happens only when ASIO or WASAPI is used. When I use DS - issue does not appear.
Player: Foobar 2000

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #19 of 51
Do you use it with samplerate set on 192 000HZ?
I found that is Happens in ASIO or WASAPI modes only if samplerate is set to 192 000 Hz. Any setting below this rate will show no issue.

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #20 of 51
Hello,
  I just wanted to add my impressions of the Burson Conductor SL 9018. I just upgraded from a Schiit Asgard 2/Modi 2 Uber and the change is phenomenal.I understand this is not an apples-to-apples comparison, as the Burson is in a whole different class, but it is not my intention to argue one vs the other, only to relate my experience.

About a month ago I purchased the Oppo PM-3 planar headphones for use at work. I have loved music all my life, and played in several amateur symphonic bands over the past two decades. I was looking for a desktop system that I could enjoy at work without disturbing my officemates, so I settled on the (relatively) inexpensive planar magnetics from Oppo. Paired with the Schiit stack, I could tell a definite improvement over my older Shure 940s, but something was missing. The sounds were there, but the music wasn't. The Oppo cans were very detailed and nuanced, but something wasn't coming through like I knew that it could. So.... the hunt began for a new headphone amp. After researching and doing some listening tests, I decided to go with the Burson. I picked the 9018 version because I really like detailed, clean sound. I want to hear the source material....not the equipment. My philosophy is that no component, no matter the cost, can IMPROVE the quality of the source material. At best a component "stays out of the way", and at worst it can absolutely clobber the music.

Let me state that the Burson is a superbly crafted device that presents low-level detail with absolutely gorgeous realism. One of the things that really jumped out at me right away is that the background vocals sound as good as the lead vocals. Usually, I can hear the fundamental tones of the background vocal, but the nuances don't come through very well. I do not know the reason for this - perhaps it is because they are recorded at a recessed level relative to the lead vocal. But with the Burson, I can clearly hear much more inflection and tonal character in the background vocals. It was a very pleasant surprise, as I was not expecting this.

Another treat is hearing bells, chimes, and triangles rendered with stunning, crystal clarity.  Having played in bands that have chimes, triangles, and bells in them, I know what they sound like in real life. They sound "round", if that makes any sense. They are not 2-dimensional... they have a bloom to them that is hard for most equipment I have heard to reproduce accurately. I apologize for mixing physics and psychoacoustics, but I really don't know how else to explain these subjective observations.

Bass is tight and punchy with good extension. I would describe it as realistic and full-bottomed. It blends perfectly with the midrange and treble. If I had to pick one adjective to describe the sound in totality, it would be "stunning". 

To summarize, I highly recommend the Burson, as it is a great-sounding, accurate unit. I am looking forward to many hours of enjoyment using this setup.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #21 of 51

To summarize, I highly recommend the Burson, as it is a great-sounding, accurate unit. I am looking forward to many hours of enjoyment using this setup.

Glad to hear it! I think what really sets Burson apart from others is the PRaT. The snap of the drums, the deep and powerful bass...music just seems to come alive on this thing in a way I have only experienced on amps that are much more expensive. I ended up getting the 1793 version (i was worried about reports of brightness on the 9018 when paired with an already bright headphone), and I've been happy with it for over a year now. 

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #22 of 51
Just posting as courtesy - don't own or know anything more :)

http://www.partsconnexion.com/index.html

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #23 of 51
I just purchased the Burson Conductor Signature edition from a forum member here based on the reviews i am reading here.

I can hardly wait to get it as this will be my first headphone amp and post my thoughts regarding this headphone amp.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #24 of 51
  Just posting as courtesy - don't own or know anything more :)

http://www.partsconnexion.com/index.html

"Upgrade" is a strong word for them to use in this ad, considering the 9018 chip is mostly considered to be the technically superior chip. I myself chose to get the 1793 because of my sonic preferences, regardless I wouldnt call it an "upgrade" over the 9018 necessarily. DIYers might find this interesting...

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #25 of 51
I just purchased the Burson Conductor Signature edition from a forum member here based on the reviews i am reading here.

I can hardly wait to get it as this will be my first headphone amp and post my thoughts regarding this headphone amp.

You're going to LOVE it!!!

Enjoy the music.

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #26 of 51
Thanks much!!!

It is shipping today.  I hope it arrives this week.

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #27 of 51
  Hello,
I wonder does anyone have the same issue with BA Conductor SL 9018 as I do.
After Conductor is swithched on and until it did not warm up the sound stutters every 20-30 seconds. It continues only 4-5 minutes. After that everething goes fine.

The interesting thing is that issue happens only when ASIO or WASAPI is used. When I use DS - issue does not appear.
Player: Foobar 2000

I have the 4WPC Conductor with cm6631 usb module and ess 9018 chip and my player is Musicbee and OS is Vista and i can only use Wasapi Asio doesnt work with cm6631 but it did with Tenor and i never have problems with stutter did you try ajusting the latency in Asio in your player .the only issue i have is Vista to get the drivers i had to use  XP in compatibility mode and even after i cannot get all the samplerates im suppose to im missing 88 and 176 samplerate but that should change soon will be getting Windows 7 and that will fix the problem . The Conductor i love with classical and the Senns hd800 so spacious and transparant.

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #28 of 51

Thanks much!!!

It is shipping today.  I hope it arrives this week.

you got it from RUBY TIGER right your going to be happy with that amp nice guy John. Which HP will you be using 

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #29 of 51
I have the Grado GS1000e and RS1i. I recently purchased a e Grado PS1000e and Beyerdynamics T1 v2 headphones.

I love the Burson Unit with its selectable impedance selector. I also recently upgraded the USB connector from Bruson - It came with the Tennor chip.

I have yet to put it through its paces because of work and vacation scheduling, but from what i hear so far from the digital input, it is pretty good. I need to feed it some analogue signals, or run a connection from my preamp tape output into the analog input of the unit.

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #30 of 51
Yeah, John was a great guy to work with. I had alot of questions - which he was able to answer them all.

It was my first purchase from this website. This unit is a real keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back