Burson Conductor Impressions thread
Feb 9, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #46 of 51
Do not doubt the synergy of this combo:yum:. After I discovered this for myself, I started reading reviews of the Burson Soloist. The reviewers tend to always have LCD-2'or 3s on hand and even they praise the synergy of this combo. If together they do not get your toes tapping or head bopping, you are not a human!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can't say the synergy exists with sennheiser 800 or not, but ever headphone that I have connected to the Burson (except the Fostex th-900 ,a bit too fast and dry) has brought out the strengths of those headphones. These include,

ZMF Omnis (simply outstanding) , all Audezes Lcds , Hifiman 400i and 560 , Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs and Oppo PM-1 and 2.

So the next question is when are you moving to NY?

As stated before, I tried the Audeze LCD line and the HiFiMan HE560s on the McIntosh HPA100 which is a $4000 headphone amp, more than both of our Bursons combined. I was impressed with its bass, but unfortunately none of those planar headphones on the McIntosh did nothing for me. When I tri d the Beyerdynamics T1, the Grado PS1000 and the Sennheiser HD800 on the McIntosh, I was so impressed I purchased the Beyerdynamics and the Grado. They sound totally fantastic.

I am still open to listening to the Audeze LCD and HiFiMan on my Burson. So come on Hifi - come make that trip to NY!!!!

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #47 of 51
So the next question is when are you moving to NY?

As stated before, I tried the Audeze LCD line and the HiFiMan HE560s on the McIntosh HPA100 which is a $4000 headphone amp, more than both of our Bursons combined. I was impressed with its bass, but unfortunately none of those planar headphones on the McIntosh did nothing for me. When I tri d the Beyerdynamics T1, the Grado PS1000 and the Sennheiser HD800 on the McIntosh, I was so impressed I purchased the Beyerdynamics and the Grado. They sound totally fantastic.

I am still open to listening to the Audeze LCD and HiFiMan on my Burson. So come on Hifi - come make that trip to NY!!!!

I left NY (upstate) for a reason and now after a 20 year stint in the military, I live in sunny South Florida.:palm_tree:
I have heard the McIntosh hp amp and I think it's great but haven't heard the Lcds on it.i really like the Burson house sound. Audezes to me are a headphone,that if directly compared to a brighter headphone, won't always win that very short term battle. One needs to live with them for awhile to truly understand their magic. After that time, listening to most other headphones can be a bit of a let down. I've been enamored with certain headphones upon first listening to them but after that brief honeymoon period, their shortcomings start to surface. Often it's in the form of listening fatigue. I just want to take them off for a while. I have professionally calibrated audio and video in my home theater system and finally after so many years of searching for end game equipment, I finally found it (to my ears).(Pioneer Kuro Elite Plasma and Salk speakers) . I'm never wanting for improved sound or video with this setup. Well the Audeze is the equivalent to that in the headphone world to my well trained ears.
I have listened to and owned so many headphones. The winners to me are Audeze LCD-2f ,3f, ZMF Omni, Hifiman HE-560, HE-6 and HE-1K. (And just about any electrostatic,but to delicate ) . The LCD line though is where my heart lays. So much so that I recently sold of some headphones and amps to buy the latest LCD-4s which I now have on order.
I wont be straying from Burson/Audeze for the foreseeable future.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #48 of 51
I have Salk Speakers. Which Salks do you have?

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #49 of 51
I have Salk Speakers. Which Salks do you have?

My Salks are custom made large bookshelf sized speakers made to be placed in horizontal position. Seas bass drivers and Raal tweeters. These, in combination with my Svs cylinder subs , are truly satisfying. Professional calibration by Umr just took it all up another notch.

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #50 of 51
New Indiegogo campaign launched for the V2 version.
https://youtu.be/0kQ33DETBRM

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #51 of 51
  How much could you get these used? I am really interested in these but the price hurts a bit.

hi.

as mentioned i thought burson audio were up to something

the soloist appears to have had a major make over - now called the conductor virtuoso 2.

it looks like it might be being sold for $1000 

so perhaps worth looking to see if the burson soloist os going cheap around the place. it is here in australia (from $1000 down to less then $700 for a new one from authorised dealer)

you'll see details of the new amp on the burson audio website - twice the power, perhaps for the he6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back