Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Jun 14, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #526 of 1,995
Quote:
I run the Conductor with a pair of Senns hd800  i open my player after i open my Conductor. I check in my player  preferences if its set to ASIO ,BURSON USB ASYNCHRONIOUS MODE  in my case i put some classical on ,and it will warm up eventually thats it i dont have any problem and it sounds great. Pricewize i paid $1500.00 shipping included here in Canada

So no driver problems related to the usb ? what OS are you running? 
i use mainly OSX 10.7 and 10.8.

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #527 of 1,995
Quote:

My 2c:
Everyone to his own, but I've owned and sold the T1s, as imho they don't hold a candle to the Sennheiser HD800s. I would never ever choose the T1s over the latter. The other greats are the LCD-3s (and the HE-6s but those won't run properly off the Conductor).

this got me thinking last night …and this morning hahahha..

you don't like the sound of the T1..
i read a lot of reviews claiming otherwise and sum agreeing with you..
And others saying that the HD800 is to analytical and so on..and so on …

The thing is this..For me it's impossible to audition the T5p's 
and i want a closed back headphone.. To start of my collection..

The Sennheiser is a bit easier because the official distributor here in Holland must have at least one model for audition (that's what he sad to me)..

so when i go to get my T5p's i can audition the HD800's but i don't have a portable setup..
I will get the FiiO E17 so i could connect it to my macbook and drive them? or ask hem to do a setup.

But here is my main point..

I'ts becoming clear to me that buying audio gear without an audition is pretty much a taboo !

one person says A , the other B and so on…
Sound is subjective by nature I'm beginning to realise this…

So i will email the store where i'm thinking of getting the BursonConductor and i want to audition it with and without the AudioByte Hydra X. if that is not possible i will email AudioByte and tell them about the store..if they are willing to expand there sales to that store and provide a test sample i will jump in..

But buying this type of audio hardware as a newbie that is starting of seems a bit foolish.
Now i can afford it that's not the problem but considering the times we live in ..
i want to be smart about it..On the other hand one only lives once so "Carpe diem"

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #528 of 1,995
Quote:
I have tried some different cables with Burson Conductor. They do make a difference, but it is not even remotely compared to the difference Hydra made. On the other side, cables still make a good difference with Hydra.

@ Dan,gheorghe,
do you own this Hydra ?

Or did you review it and send it back?

second question how did you connect it to the Burson Conductor?

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #529 of 1,995
He sent it back but will own it next month. The hydra was connected via a coax digital cable to the Burson Conductor :)

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #530 of 1,995
Quote:
So no driver problems related to the usb ? what OS are you running? 
i use mainly OSX 10.7 and 10.8.

I use windows  vista home premium 

Jun 15, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #532 of 1,995
Quote:
Question, Did Burson come out with a new driver for the Conductor in May of this year? Or was it last years driver? I saw this on their facebook page.

yes actually its tenor that updated their driver

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #533 of 1,995
I'm still getting USB issues with the latest drivers.

Both foobar and iRiver Media center

from stuttering to random noises, it even gave me my first Windows 8 BSOD. I've been only able to use optical (that works flawlessly)

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #534 of 1,995
Tenor is a lost cause. A good usb to spdif interface does wonders for the sq with none of the issues.

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #536 of 1,995
Quote:
Tenor is a lost cause. A good usb to spdif interface does wonders for the sq with none of the issues.

What issues would that be !

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #537 of 1,995
All driver issues mentioned in this thread. For example, popping

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #538 of 1,995
Quote:
All driver issues mentioned in this thread. For example, popping

I'm not quite sure what you mean. But, now that I have my driver issue settled, some times clicking on a song in Foobar I get static. This is with the older driver. Does the new driver make any difference? Settle any issues or better sound quality?

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #539 of 1,995
As a Mac user (10.8), I do get occasional disconnects. I have to reboot Audirvana or the Conductor (sometimes a number of times) before the computer locks on to the DAC. This has been less frequent with the May driver, but it just happened now.

I didn't do a proper comparison, but wondered if the new driver sounded better. Probably just wishful, thinking. (Software and fuse changes were in play, so sound quality has been getting better..)

Like everyone, it clicks when loading a track with a different sampling frequency. There is also the mechanical clicking of the attenuator. I can't say I have any other clicking, though.

I've yet to try my friend's Audiophilleo for some time - so most curious if it still makes a big difference.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #540 of 1,995
I still encounter issues with the new driver but they seem to be less frequent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back