Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Apr 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #286 of 1,995
Quote:
Didn't know that :)
Actually where I was born we didn't have the Maxell tape commercials, I've seen it first time after Internet came and took over the world.
I still like the picture of being blown away by sound.
Nice looking classic speakers, are those speakers still working for you ? Glad the Conductor started shaping and smoothing out.

Speakers are still working but i gave them to my son hes your age along with myThorens TD 160 and my record collection from 70's 80's and 90's hes a lucky guy and those records i took jealous care off back then.And i use to run those with my Quad 405 amp . The Conductor i am very happy with its bigger soundstage , definition ,and instrument separation is very good. 
Always liked English audio and now the Conductor is australian¨ The apple never falls to far from the tree¨.

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #287 of 1,995
Any word on the new USB drivers? These blue screens are getting rather frustrating.

I should mention that I absolutely ADORE the conductor when it's functioning; it really does sound fantastic. Consequently, this also makes the aforementioned blue screens that much more disappointing. They're happening reliably about every 5 to 10 minutes.

VERY aggravating.

Apr 7, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #288 of 1,995
Quote:
Any word on the new USB drivers? These blue screens are getting rather frustrating.

I should mention that I absolutely ADORE the conductor when it's functioning; it really does sound fantastic. Consequently, this also makes the aforementioned blue screens that much more disappointing. They're happening reliably about every 5 to 10 minutes.

VERY aggravating.

What operating system do you have? Windows 7? Do you use a power conditioner for your pc or for conductor? If so, try without any. I have a friend that had the same thing and after 1 month he realized it was from the fact that the computer was plugged into a power conditioner. 

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #289 of 1,995
Quote:

What operating system do you have? Windows 7? Do you use a power conditioner for your pc or for conductor? If so, try without any. I have a friend that had the same thing and after 1 month he realized it was from the fact that the computer was plugged into a power conditioner. 

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, and don't have any sort of power conditioner. To be slightly more specific/descriptive regarding my issues with blue screens, they only occur when playing music using JPlay with the buffer set to "directlink", or WASAPI in Jriver MC. I'm aware that using a larger buffer amount mostly eliminates this, so it's a problem I knowingly create; I'm definitely being thick-headed and stubborn in this regard. But, it just sounds SO damn good when using WASAPI or "directlink" in JPlay, that having to compromise (because of not-so-great drivers) is something I'm pretty unhappy about.

So that said, I'm really looking forward to the new driver release and if they manage to fix these blue screens; I'll be one ludicrously happy head-fi'er if they do 
size]

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #290 of 1,995
Quote:

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, and don't have any sort of power conditioner. To be slightly more specific/descriptive regarding my issues with blue screens, they only occur when playing music using JPlay with the buffer set to "directlink", or WASAPI in Jriver MC. I'm aware that using a larger buffer amount mostly eliminates this, so it's a problem I knowingly create; I'm definitely being thick-headed and stubborn in this regard. But, it just sounds SO damn good when using WASAPI or "directlink" in JPlay, that having to compromise (because of not-so-great drivers) is something I'm pretty unhappy about.

So that said, I'm really looking forward to the new driver release and if they manage to fix these blue screens; I'll be one ludicrously happy head-fi'er if they do 
size]

Jplay with DirectLink and Extreme engine is very very unstable. I use foobar with the asio driver from burson and it works very well.

Did you try foobar/asio and do the crashes still occur?

Apr 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #291 of 1,995
Quote:

size]

The problem is not with the Conductor but with Jplay and it's beta stage. I didn't get any BSOD, not a single one when using it properly with Foobar2000 and with Burson drivers and ASIO installed. Using in your multimedia player software the output: "Burson Audio USB DAC Async USB" is the key. For now JPlay doesn't support that output, so that is why you get these issues.
Why not use the Burson own drivers and it's own ASIO output ?

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #292 of 1,995
Hi Darku,

I've had problems with the Win 8 driver for the Conductor using Jplaymini with the extreme engine.  The consistent BSOD I get is 0x24b10002 and I get them quite often if the Jplay buffer size is to low for a given sampling rate.   If Jplay is the problem then why do other USB drivers/USB devices have no problem with the Xtreme engine at any sampling rate.  Don't misunderstand, I love my Conductor but there are issues with either the USB driver, the USB receiver or both.  I'm as frustrated as Monago with the BSODs.

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #293 of 1,995
Quote:
Hi Darku,

I've had problems with the Win 8 driver for the Conductor using Jplaymini with the extreme engine.  The consistent BSOD I get is 0x24b10002 and I get them quite often if the Jplay buffer size is to low for a given sampling rate.   If Jplay is the problem then why do other USB drivers/USB devices have no problem with the Xtreme engine at any sampling rate.  Don't misunderstand, I love my Conductor but there are issues with either the USB driver, the USB receiver or both.  I'm as frustrated as Monago with the BSODs.

I had the Burson HA-160DS and i received bsods with it too on jplay and extreme engine. Don't think it is burson's fault.

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #294 of 1,995
Quote:
Hi Darku,

Which other devices? 
I've found that some users have had problems with jplay extreme engine as well, seems to be buggy. Why not stick to foobar, or other audio software while Burson works on a solution for this? 

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #295 of 1,995
Quote:
Jplay with DirectLink and Extreme engine is very very unstable. I use foobar with the asio driver from burson and it works very well.

Did you try foobar/asio and do the crashes still occur?

I do indeed still have blue screens with the provided Burson asio drivers while using foobar or JRiver Media Center - just less frequently than using WASAPI output in Jriver MC, or Directlink with JPlay. They seem to happen every few hours instead of every few moments using the Burson Asio drivers, so this is certainly "better" than WASAPI or Directlink, but still not acceptably stable.

I will say however, the provided Burson Asio output worked flawlessly BEFORE I installed the latest 5.1 beta JPlay software. I'll try uninstalling JPlay and testing stability with the Burson asio drivers and WASAPI (in JRiver Media Center) to see if the new JPlay may have somehow impacted stability.

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #296 of 1,995
Quote:

I do indeed still have blue screens with the provided Burson asio drivers while using foobar or JRiver Media Center - just less frequently than using WASAPI output in Jriver MC, or Directlink with JPlay. They seem to happen every few hours instead of every few moments using the Burson Asio drivers, so this is certainly "better" than WASAPI or Directlink, but still not acceptably stable.

I will say however, the provided Burson Asio output worked flawlessly BEFORE I installed the latest 5.1 beta JPlay software. I'll try uninstalling JPlay and testing stability with the Burson asio drivers and WASAPI (in JRiver Media Center) to see if the new JPlay may have somehow impacted stability.

JPLAY has a running service in the background that may interfere. Really curious to see what happens after you uninstall!

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #297 of 1,995
I'll be getting another USB -> SPDIF converter soon so I don't have to deal with this Tenor chip anymore.  I found it bareable at first, but it's been more and more problematic lately.  I'm pretty sure a product in our hobby qualifies as flawed when it has constant issues switching tracks in JRiver.  I don't know why some of ya'll are so apologetic for it.

(For the record, I still rally like the actual DAC and amp.)

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #300 of 1,995
Quote:
I have been using the Audiophilleo 2 to avoid the Tenor problems and have been very happy with the results....

Would you go into how your rigs sound, HE-6/EF-6 vs HD800/Conductor ?  Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back