Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Dec 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #1,951 of 1,995
  Hello,

First, if I come across as a complete newbie, it is because I am :wink:

Second, sorry if I'm asking questions that's alread been answered. I read through a good portion of the thread without finding it.

I have the Conductor, paired with PC (Win 7 64-bit), Cardas USB, Cardas cable from Conductor to headphones, and AKG K702 65th Anniversary edition.

I have had problems with (what I thought to be) the USB-driver of my PC, and now found out that is the Tenor USB-module not being very compatible with 64-bit OS. I have ordered the new module, so hopefully that will be ok then.

What has been happening is that a "static/shortcircuit" sound has been coming from the right can when listening, and then system freezing. A few days ago the right side of the K702's cut out completely, and no sound from it since. My question is; Can it be that this is related to using the wrong module over a extended period of time? The "shortcircuit/static" sound prior to system freeze has always come from the ear that is not working anymore on the K702's.

Is it likely that the Conductor have taken damage from this?

Not the best of english, I know, but hope someone understands my problem and question.

i had the Tenor module with Vista and luckily never had problems now i upgraded to the c-media 6631 module and dont have any issues with that module either .The only problem if you can call it that is that it is better for me to close player first then shutoff Conductor because if i shutoff Conductor first and then the player the player freezes sometimes .Do you have that problem if you try other headphones or use another source .Could it be your headphones What player are you using .

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #1,952 of 1,995
  i had the Tenor module with Vista and luckily never had problems now i upgraded to the c-media 6631 module and dont have any issues with that module either .The only problem if you can call it that is that it is better for me to close player first then shutoff Conductor because if i shutoff Conductor first and then the player the player freezes sometimes .Do you have that problem if you try other headphones or use another source .Could it be your headphones What player are you using .

Thank you for answering. The problem is for any program that uses the Conductor - Games, YouTube in a broswer or Jriver Mediacenter that I use for FLAC. It happens out of the blue, completely random. I started using optical output from a Asus Xonar STX soundcard today, and it causes no problems. According to Burson (been emailing with them) the Tenor module offers no 64-bit support. Curious and nervous if this could be the reason for the damage to membrane on the K702's, or even the Burson Conductor itself. I also use the AKG Q701, and it's the exact same issue.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #1,954 of 1,995
  Do you run Vista i had to run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP to get drivers even after this i am missing 2 sample rates 88 and 176 there's several post about this subject in this thread .i have the CM6631 USB module 

goodmorning/evening !
I installed the cm6331 yesterday
I have win7 / jriver19
downloaded the driver form Burson website, tried to install an old driver found from Moon Audio
the cm driver selection from j river doesnt keep memorized
the usb doesn t work

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #1,955 of 1,995
My advice would be to circumvent the USB slot entirely (ignore the Tenor or the CM board) and solely use the Coax or Optical slots. For me, by listening to FLAC's by using a Playstation 3 through the optical output connected to the Conductor the music is miles better than using a MacBook through the USB slot. The difference between the optical input and the USB input is huge, it's acually too big for a piece of audio equipment at this price.

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #1,959 of 1,995
  I think is more a driver problem:
with mac it works (just have to select speaker output - I don t know if is the cm proper driver but it sounds straight from the usb..)

When i had   the tenor board i was using ASIO but with the c-media  board i have to use WASAPI , ASIO does not work .this is with Vista .i have had it for about  a year and it works fine.

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,962 of 1,995
It works selecting usb2.0 high speed true hd audio -wasapi
Cm asio selection doesn't work

Same here ASIO doesnt work since i installed c-media usb module .

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #1,963 of 1,995
After some reading, and testing, and also considering Burson can't deliver the new USB-module for 2-3 more weeks due to production problems, I ended up using the SPDIF from the motherboard into the Conductor. Works perfectly. So thrilled to be able to use it, along with my new LCD-X without any freezing or bluescreens :D

Here is the answer I got from Burson pr. mail after I asked about the problems with computer freezing up or giving bluescreen with windows 7 and windows 8.1:

Hi,

Do you have the older TE8802 USB module in your Conductor or the newer CM6631 module? The TE8802 module does not offer native 64bit support which could cause stability issue in Win8.

Warm regards
Dennis

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #1,965 of 1,995
Do you run Vista i had to run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP to get drivers even after this i am missing 2 sample rates 88 and 176 there's several post about this subject in this thread .i have the CM6631 USB module 

Win 7 64 bit. Just updated to the new cm6631 and now I am going to set up next week a dedicated music server running Win 8.1 64 bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back