Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Nov 23, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #1,938 of 1,995
Thank you! I have tried those instructions many times to no avail. If the Burson driver isn't loaded then I assume it is like it is not on the computer. I wish I knew Unix. I think the easiest solution is to send back this unit to get the Conductor Maestro that has the C media chip.

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #1,940 of 1,995
Funny that they use Sabre32 chip with 32 bit built in volume control and opted to use a dedicated chip instead.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #1,941 of 1,995
I just got this amp/dac 1793 chip and I'm not happy with the sounds of the q701 when its gets busy,mids are muffled and no separation (pop/rock). whats a better headphone to complete this amp/dac i feel I'm not doing this amp justice with the q701 and there is unleashed potential in better headphones.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,942 of 1,995
I just got this amp/dac [COLOR=3B3B3B]1793 [/COLOR]chip and I'm not happy with the sounds of the q701 when its gets busy,mids are muffled and no separation (pop/rock). whats a better headphone to complete this amp/dac i feel I'm not doing this amp justice with the q701 and there is unleashed potential in better headphones.

A good next step is the Senn 650's. I then jumped all the way to the Audeze LCD-3's, so I skipped a few steps in the middle. Really liked the Alpha Dog Primes that I heard at the RMAF/CanJam, so it's well worth a listen, especially for a closed HP.

Enjoy!

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #1,943 of 1,995
A good next step is the Senn 650's. I then jumped all the way to the Audeze LCD-3's, so I skipped a few steps in the middle. Really liked the Alpha Dog Primes that I heard at the RMAF/CanJam, so it's well worth a listen, especially for a closed HP.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your reply, I'm quite happy to spend a bit more something in between the dogs and the 650 for now anyway lol already spent a bit on this puppy and looking into a decent usb and power cable. Are the 700's any good I'm doing a bit of research now is it really a classical can as I don't listen to that and i have read that some people dont hold them high regard

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #1,944 of 1,995
  Thanks for your reply, I'm quite happy to spend a bit more something in between the dogs and the 650 for now anyway lol already spent a bit on this puppy and looking into a decent usb and power cable. Are the 700's any good I'm doing a bit of research now is it really a classical can as I don't listen to that and i have read that some people dont hold them high regard

The Senn I preferred is the HD800, as many people don't love the 700. However, as always individual preferences and experiences can and do vary widely! I really liked the "house-sound" of the Audeze's, so I went full-force in that direction. 

I'd recommend trying out as many HP's as you can. If you don't have the ability to do this locally at a shop or with other Head-Fiers (the CanJam's are the best place in the world to try out gear!), and if you live in the US you can also try a service that does short-term rentals of headphones. I'm not sure if I'll get in trouble for naming the company here, but do a Google search for "headphone lending library" and you'll learn much more about it. I used them to trial some LCD-X's before I went with my LCD-3's and it worked really well. 

Happy listening! 

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #1,945 of 1,995
  The Senn I preferred is the HD800, as many people don't love the 700. However, as always individual preferences and experiences can and do vary widely! I really liked the "house-sound" of the Audeze's, so I went full-force in that direction. 

I'd recommend trying out as many HP's as you can. If you don't have the ability to do this locally at a shop or with other Head-Fiers (the CanJam's are the best place in the world to try out gear!), and if you live in the US you can also try a service that does short-term rentals of headphones. I'm not sure if I'll get in trouble for naming the company here, but do a Google search for "headphone lending library" and you'll learn much more about it. I used them to trial some LCD-X's before I went with my LCD-3's and it worked really well. 

Happy listening! 

i have been reading and recommend the Alessandro MSPro or Beyer T90 for their neutral sound and have any excessive sounds that are over bearing. sounds promising to me. i noticed t90 have a Jubilee 90th Anniverary worth the extra 200?

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #1,950 of 1,995
Hello,

First, if I come across as a complete newbie, it is because I am :wink:

Second, sorry if I'm asking questions that's alread been answered. I read through a good portion of the thread without finding it.

I have the Conductor, paired with PC (Win 7 64-bit), Cardas USB, Cardas cable from Conductor to headphones, and AKG K702 65th Anniversary edition.

I have had problems with (what I thought to be) the USB-driver of my PC, and now found out that is the Tenor USB-module not being very compatible with 64-bit OS. I have ordered the new module, so hopefully that will be ok then.

What has been happening is that a "static/shortcircuit" sound has been coming from the right can when listening, and then system freezing. A few days ago the right side of the K702's cut out completely, and no sound from it since. My question is; Can it be that this is related to using the wrong module over a extended period of time? The "shortcircuit/static" sound prior to system freeze has always come from the ear that is not working anymore on the K702's.

Is it likely that the Conductor have taken damage from this?

Not the best of english, I know, but hope someone understands my problem and question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back