Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Nov 18, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #1,924 of 1,995
Some aussie forum also revealed that they have upgraded their stepped attenuator: 100 steps. Not bad. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #1,926 of 1,995
I am reading comments in here about how the Conductor doesn't image? Mine images fine depth and width out the kazoo. I am using spdif in with JKenny Cuinas. However i am having problems with getting the USB to work. Am I alone on that?

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,927 of 1,995
  I am reading comments in here about how the Conductor doesn't image? Mine images fine depth and width out the kazoo. I am using spdif in with JKenny Cuinas. However i am having problems with getting the USB to work. Am I alone on that?

I've tried using spdif to make sure it works, but I usually use USB with no problems (PC - Win 7)

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,928 of 1,995

Do you run Vista i had to run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP to get drivers even after this i am missing 2 sample rates 88 and 176 there's several post about this subject in this thread .i have the CM6631 USB module 

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #1,929 of 1,995

Hi,
This is my first post. I just received the Burson Conductor and have tried to load the drivers on OS Yosemite as per your instructions. No luck and  no sound at all. I have a relatively new Macbook Pro with loads of ram and flash drive.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Bob

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #1,930 of 1,995
No driver needed for Macs.

As the new Conductors come fitted with C-Media boards, they don't need third party drivers with Macs (including Yosemite).

If you've installed the Tenor driver, you may want to remove it.

Output audio to 'Speaker'

The Conductor's driver is listed as 'speaker'. So assuming that's what you've selected as your audio output, I'm not sure what would be causing it.

No doubt one of these bright sparks will think of something. But they may need more to go on.

You may want to play around with other players to narrow down the issue. VLC makes it easy flip through different audio outputs :)

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #1,932 of 1,995
I'd suggest you play around with using different inputs (like the optical input), the driver (installed and uninstalled) and software settings (namely audio output).

If that doesn't help, shoot team Burson an email (as opposed to Team Australia... who have been particularly unhelpful of late..)

Unless of course you get better ideas here :)

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #1,933 of 1,995
I would go like this:
i install the cm driver and if it works it means you have the cm board
or you open the top (the 4 screw) using a 2.5mm screwdriver and you check the name of the board plug to the usb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back