Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,366 of 1,995
That's clear enough, thanks again.

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #1,367 of 1,995
For anyone who has their Conductor plugged into a power strip, PSA, plug it directly into the wall (or a line conditioner). I noticed an improvement when I did so (the instructions manual states this as well). 

A bit less bright/harsh, better mids. 

I'm not one who believes that special audio power cables make any difference (see the link in my sig), but do believe that it's possible for a cheap power strip surge protection to degrade the audio quality from where it should normally be. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #1,368 of 1,995
For anyone who has their Conductor plugged into a power strip, PSA, plug it directly into the wall (or a line conditioner). I noticed an improvement when I did so (the instructions manual states this as well). 

I'm not one who believes that special audio power cables make any difference (see the link in my sig), but do believe that it's possible for a cheap power strip surge protection to degrade the audio quality from where it should normally be. 

Interesting, I will have to try this when I get home as I currently have mine plugged into a power strip (with about 6 others things plugged in too!! eee-gads!) Thanks for the tip.

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #1,369 of 1,995
Jan 10, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #1,370 of 1,995
Have you isolated the issue to the Burson? Could perhaps be an issue with your computer, either way isn't USB preferrable to TOSLINK with the Conductor anyway?

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #1,371 of 1,995

This is very true.

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #1,372 of 1,995
This is very true.

Tony, is it a significant difference or just a slight improvement, I'm still at work and haven't had a chance to give it a try yet.

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #1,373 of 1,995
This is very true.

Tony, is it a significant difference or just a slight improvement, I'm still at work and haven't had a chance to give it a try yet.

I think it's a noticeable improvement. I try to avoid power strips but I only own cheap ones. This was one of the first things I experimented with when I came into possession of my Conductor. Dan pointed me in the direction of a cheap power regenerator and it is something I'm thinking of trying out with the Burson and future upgrades.

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #1,374 of 1,995
I think it's a noticeable improvement. I try to avoid power strips but I only own cheap ones. This was one of the first things I experimented with when I came into possession of my Conductor. Dan pointed me in the direction of a cheap power regenerator and it is something I'm thinking of trying out with the Burson and future upgrades.

Did he give you a recommendation? I'm interested as well.

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #1,375 of 1,995

Did he give you a recommendation? I'm interested as well.

http://www.powerinspired.com/ag500/

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #1,376 of 1,995
The link didn't seem to work on my computer but I should be able to find some info on it with a google search, thanks for the tip!

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #1,377 of 1,995
The link didn't seem to work on my computer but I should be able to find some info on it with a google search, thanks for the tip!

This is the good link. I see they have the promo now too!! 

Thanks Tony. I actually know of it from negura. This is my review on it . I am still using it and loving it. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #1,378 of 1,995
I am also going to buy the bigger one next. The 1500W should also get my power amp some quality juice. I see it as a must have and for the money more of a no-brainer.

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #1,379 of 1,995
  I am also going to buy the bigger one next. The 1500W should also get my power amp some quality juice. I see it as a must have and for the money more of a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, they don't make it for the USA 120V!  So sad. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #1,380 of 1,995
Took the plunge and got the Burson Conductor as my all-in-one solution and I couldn't be more pleased. I'm a long-time two-channel guy making the transition over to focusing more on headphones and this was a great purchase. 

I'm pairing the Conductor with Senn HD650's and one of Drew's SD V3 cables and the synergy is great - very clear, with great bass and sufficient high end (which the SD cable helps with). 

As a bonus there was a mess-up with the distributor and I somehow won the lottery, ending up with one of the clear-topped demo Conductors with the LED lights. Very cool. 

Wanted to post a photo, but will have to wait until my newbie status allows me to do that.
smile.gif

Anyone have experience with power cables and their effect on the Conductor? I've read about the effect of power strips, but didn't know if the group has tried swapping PC's. I'm traditionally a Cardas GR person in my 2-channel set-up. Thanks in advance.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back