Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Dec 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #1,352 of 1,995
  It shouldn't sound different at all..<it's just changing a resistor value>..(between the three settings)....not adding any more circuitry.

As you gain up, you are amplifying internal noise. This is the case with any amplifier. 

See this post talking about the Burson 160D, I know it's a different model but I think what he is saying still may apply, albeit to a lesser extent on the Conductor:

Again, I can't post it enough. The Burson amp's High Gain jack is the culprit. Use the low gain jack whenever possible with ANY headphone whether it is low or high impedance because the L Jack is just plainly less colored sounding. Let me dare say that the H Jack is not even passable for me and I would take my cheap FiiO E9 over the sound quality of the Burson HA-160D any day out of the high gain jack. Used as a DAC/Preamp or a headphone amp from the L Jack, the Burson is great!

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #1,353 of 1,995
  It shouldn't sound different at all..<it's just changing a resistor value>..(between the three settings)....not adding any more circuitry.

I also heard that technically cables shouldn't sound different at all, but to my ears they do sound different each other.
Perhaps the attenuator makes the difference deppending on the step, but the difference is there and it's very noticeable.

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,354 of 1,995
  Has anyone thought of changing the Fuse of the Conductor to a more high quality one?
I read in a polish review that this changes the sound in a big way.

Not tried in the Conductor, but my PWD2 came with audio quality fuses. Rolling them further made a noticeable difference. There was noticeable improvement swapping the stock fuse in my Taboo MK3.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,355 of 1,995

I also heard that technically cables shouldn't sound different at all, but to my ears they do sound different each other.
Perhaps the attenuator makes the difference deppending on the step, but the difference is there and it's very noticeable.

I'm a cable believer myself. I'm using a khozmo 48 position switch (so I really should opt out) and it really came down to which level gave me a greater number of positions. I use the low gain setting and  believe it's optimum for the Audeze 3's. With other headphones the mileage may vary.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #1,356 of 1,995

I'm a cable believer myself. I'm using a khozmo 48 position switch (so I really should opt out) and it really came down to which level gave me a greater number of positions. I use the low gain setting and  believe it's optimum for the Audeze 3's. With other headphones the mileage may vary.

So we agree. I misunderstood you (my first language is spanish, sorry)

Jan 1, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #1,357 of 1,995
Burson.......

Just a warning.

So I needed to reinstall Windows, then the Conductor drivers, but somehow deleted the original download, well it seems the link for the drivers takes you to a website named "4shared" that is full of questionable ads, and probably malware.

Tried two different links provided in that website and both were funny looking .EXE files. If it wasn't because I knew Burson provided those in RAR/ZIP files, I would've open them.

Anyway, just be careful. Wouldn't surprise me if they got hacked during the holidays, I don't think they have the need to use such website to host their little zip files.

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #1,359 of 1,995
Yeah no kidding, I thought I was downloading malware from that website. I actually went so far as to e-mail Burson to make sure the download was legit first, which they verified that it was. Seems a little shady though to use a service like that for such an expensive product.

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #1,360 of 1,995
Yeah no kidding, I thought I was downloading malware from that website. I actually went so far as to e-mail Burson to make sure the download was legit first, which they verified that it was. Seems a little shady though to use a service like that for such an expensive product.

That's Burson for you. I love my Conductor and I've always found Alex and Dennis helpful during email correspondence. I needed a part the other week and they sent it out straight away. Their customer service is spot on but they really need to work on certain things - company image being one of them. This thread is littered with complaints about poorly packaged parts, buggy USB modules, and now dodgy websites. You don't get that on the other threads where people tend to extol the virtues of their gear.

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #1,361 of 1,995
Will be almost one year since the purchase and I'd like warranty extension I lost somewhere user manual, can't find it. There was something written about the warranty in terms and condition. Can some one have look to your and tell me what to do to get the free warranty extension please.

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #1,362 of 1,995
  Will be almost one year since the purchase and I'd like warranty extension I lost somewhere user manual, can't find it. There was something written about the warranty in terms and condition. Can some one have look to your and tell me what to do to get the free warranty extension please.

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #1,363 of 1,995

Thanks MIKELAP,

So what I have to do is send them a photo of my audio system together with copy of my Invoice or proof of purchase, Is that is correct?
They would send back a confirmation email?

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #1,364 of 1,995

Thanks MIKELAP,

So what I have to do is send them a photo of my audio system together with copy of my Invoice or proof of purchase, Is that is correct?
They would send back a confirmation email?

Yes a photo and if you want a comment related to your expereience with the amp, and they will send you a confirmation email .if i remember correctly i just told them the date i bought it and where no invoice .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back