Burson Conductor 3 Performance & Conductor 3X Performance
Aug 8, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #77 of 232
Well I was going to upgrade to the 3XR but they are backordered at my dealers.The ONLY reason to upgrade is simply that T.O.L.mentality but after a LOT of listening,thinking about what end game cans I want & other factors I'm keeping the 3P & just tonight ordered Sennheiser HD800S headphones..I'll break them in a few hundred hours using the 3P & after that decide if they need a tube amp as I still have funds left over from NOT getting the Empies($3000.00)..I figure the $1500.00 left in the play $ fund should get me an end game tube amp that will thrive with the Burson...

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #78 of 232
i enquired with burson audio about this some time ago. they said that they are assembled in melbourne.

Thanks for the insight, appreciate it!

Aug 9, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #80 of 232
Does someone know how C3XP XLR outputs at backside works? Are they variable volume controlled so I can add active speakers to those connectors or do I must use RCA instead?
You can change if they are variable out or line out in the menu via the volume wheel but it effects both the rca and xlr outs and mutes the headphone jacks. This is not able to be changed with the remote.

Aug 21, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #82 of 232
Has anyone tried the 3 Performance or 3X Performance with Focal Clears?
I was thinking that same. Not happy with my HD660S with this unit. Read about some reviews and watched some videos about Clears and they may be headphones with my taste. Any feedback would be nice about those headphones with this unit. I wish some more bass and slam with energetic synergy compared to HD660S. Offcourse nice mids, treble extencion and open soundstage and great imaging. Can Clears do that?

Sep 7, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #84 of 232
Has anyone tried C3P with Sparkos' opamps? I wonder would they make any audible difference.

Oct 11, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #85 of 232
Mikes review of the Burson Conductor 3 Performance is now published :relaxed:

https://headfonics.com/burson-conductor-3-performance-review/

1602416202843.png

Oct 13, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #86 of 232
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing! :)

Oct 22, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #87 of 232
I received the Conductor 3XP this Monday and pairing it with the Arya, both are burning in and this setup is euphonic! Currently driving via SE out using the stock Arya cables.

Questions:
Has anyone used the balanced out and found noticeable difference in SQ and SS per other users' opinion?

Is it safe to plug in the headphones in High gain mode when the volume is on mute or only when the volume is 0?

Is there any break in period for the 3XP? FYI, I heard smoothning of the upper frequenceies after 10+ hours of use. Any opinion on this?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #89 of 232
It is safe, but it makes more sense to pause the music playing instead of muting the volume.
Thanks a lot. Also, I have read that Class A amps need a warm up time of 30 mins+ in order to sound their best. Whenever i listen to the 3xp after a cold start it sounds a little harsh in the highs. I keep it playing for an hour post which the sound is smoother/richer. Don't know if it's just me or is there anyone on the same boat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back