Burn in and warmup time on Woo Audio WA6
Aug 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Bagger

New Head-Fier
Hi

I just bought a WA6 + Sophia 274B and would like to hear how i should burn in the amp best?

When that is done i would like to know how much time you use on warming up your tube amps before using?

Thanks for the help.

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 9
i think jack woo indicated that on his pdf files owner manual that it took 15 min for warming up or for the sound to reach its full potential

EDIT : 1 min for pre warm up and 100 hours of burn in. Plus need for cooling down after 8 hrs of continuous use

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #4 of 9
as far as burn-in, just put on headphones and listen.
you should enjoy it from day one.

burning in while not listening means you'll be missing out on small changes... if those actually do occur. 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #5 of 9
dont worry about tube life. the tube lasts around 10,000 hours so just relax and enjoy the music. I personally feel that the amp reach its full sound potential after around 30mins of turning on and playing music

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
dont worry about tube life. the tube lasts around 10,000 hours so just relax and enjoy the music. I personally feel that the amp reach its full sound potential after around 30mins of turning on and playing music

Agree, just plug in your phones and enjoy the music. Normally, the component would become stable in about 2-300 hrs of burn-in, if you have the one with BGs up-grade, you might need at least total 500 hrs or more. But no worry about that, enjoy your music is more important.

Aug 22, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #7 of 9
I usually start listening just a few minutes after turn-on - that seems to be plenty of warm up time.

Aug 22, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
I usually start listening just a few minutes after turn-on - that seems to be plenty of warm up time.

I do the same with all my tube amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back