bumpless akg 702 - so much better
Nov 20, 2010 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bik2101

1000+ Head-Fier
recently bought a pair of 702 here in the FS forum but couldn't stand wearing them for more than 30 minutes before the bumps were digging in. decided, after seeing one in the FS forum, to cut off some of the bumps. removed the middle four and these are perfect now. sure, it's ugly, but i'll take ugly over unwearable anyday.

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 9
What cable are you using with your 702? also, how does that m-stage push the 702?

Nice job on the bump hack too!  I had the 702 for a while and disliked those silly bumps a lot.

M

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 9
frown.gif

I want 'em back! Nice job. Did your OP627/Browndog come yet? 

-Daniel

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 9
@mmayer167 - that's a cable i made using nucleotide wire from DHC.
the m-stage drives them very very nicely.

@bourneperfect - haha yes i am now loving these more and more now that i can actually listen to them for extended periods of time. sadly the opamp has not yet come, but should be here monday or tuesday.
thanks again daniel!

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 9
^ totally, they left indents!!!

@bik2101   sweet, i knew that cable looked familiar! I did a dual entry on my 702 when i had them with the same cable. I don't recommend the dual entry hardwire though, the 70x is a beeotch to hardwire, there is a lot of freemoving stuff and oddly put together parts in there that are tough to work around. I sold them a while back just because I didnt have the right amp nor the money to acquire the right one.

cheers, M

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 9
Just leave the bumps and get used to it. Let your skull burn in and form to the shape of the headband. After a while, the bumps fit exactly in your skull and pressure is evenly divided. This also prevents them from falling off your head when bending forward.

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 9
Mine NEVER got used to it. It was always downright painful after 30 minutes or so. Did I get used to the pain? Yes. But that didn't mean it wasn't there. :wink:

-Daniel

Quote:
Just leave the bumps and get used to it. Let your skull burn in and form to the shape of the headband. After a while, the bumps fit exactly in your skull and pressure is evenly divided. This also prevents them from falling off your head when bending forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back