Bug head emperor player - audiophile player from Japan
Feb 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

michaelios

New Head-Fier
Hi!
Have you heard this incredible PC based player from Japan?
UI not among the best and usability too but you'll forget all this faults at the moment "play" button pressed. 
Normal-basic-red or white mode  adds great amount of space and air.

http://oryaaaaa.world.coocan.jp/bughead/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bug-head-technology/221354151338856   Here you'll find latest beta versions.

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 60
My youngest brother who lives in Japan introduced this little gem to me this past week.  All I can say is I was blown away by the audio quality.  Even better sounding than JRiver Media Center, which I've been using for a little over a year.  I'm outputting from my Asus Xonar Essence STX card digitally into my Onkyo Receiver, which drives a pair of Polk Monitor 40s and a PSW10 subwoofer.  The clarity and transparency in the audio is just amazing.  I've been fiddling with the preset 'flavors' recently.  What do you recommend?

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 60
IMHO BHEplayer is the best sounding among others. F
I use Z tune mode. Press Shift-Z before selecting your output driver. (memory optimization)
In Normal mode in last versions you can't see part of options.
Usualy I use redx1, whitex1, balck3x1.
Turning off AUTO stops controlls output volume.
By default Buglvl5 - is the level of selected sound optimization in resulting output. lvl5  or lvl3 are good.
Anyway all this optimization levels only a metter of test and your mood at the current moment.
Higher levels at x4 mode crushes my old comp so you can check it by yourself.)

Feb 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 60
This looks really interesting. Thanks for posting about it.

There's almost too much to play around with :) But at least it looks like you can't break anything - closing down and restarting seems to reset everything to 'default'?

Does it matter which version I use - 32-bit or 64-bit? Or should I just install the version that matches my OS (in my case 64-bit)?

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #6 of 60
I don't know if it matters, but by default I selected the 64-bit install, since I have a 64-bit CPU.  One thing I don't understand is why he got rid of the Pause button.  I kind of miss that.

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 60
Version 2.99 released. Judging by sound quality foobar is a dead toy compared to BHE.) It makes your system sound like magic mega hi end from another world.

Отправлено с моего GT-I9100 через Tapatalk

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #8 of 60
Downloaded the 3.00 version for a try, and man, I must say I am impressed. SQ is amazing even with basic settings ( I don't have ASIO drivers for my DAC...yet, and only 6gb of ram), much more engaging and detailed than foobar. Just had a quick listen and might be getting carried away a bit, but WOW. Definitely worth a try, even if the UI is...um... Thanks for the heads up!

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #13 of 60
I'm really impressed with the audio coming out of this. Compared to this, foobar sounds soft, with more distant lower frequencies. Bug head emperor just sounds more present. The bass is deliciously full and the sound feels a little bit more spacious.

I haven't played around with it much, but am looking forward to figuring out how the software can be fiddled with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back