Budget headphone amp for office use
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

revrev

New Head-Fier
Hi there!

I'm looking for a headphone amp for my M40x. I'm using a HifimeDIY usb dac (https://hifimediy.com/DACs/sabre-dac-uae23), because the onboard sound is way too noisy on the office pc. It's almost perfect, but only almost.
Since I've changed the earpads to the brainwavz pads, max volume is a little bit low for my liking. It sounds so much better, but just a tad quiet.

I was thinking of buying the bigger brother of this DAC as it has higher output, but it's near impossible to sell stuff like this where I live.

So I'm looking for something to pump the output a little bit. I don't want to spend too much on it, since it's already an overkill to have a half decent headphone and dac for spotify and occasional youtube listening.
Is there anything that doesn't catch on fire and doesn't mess too much with the sound quality of my current setup for around 20-30$?

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 3
If you can get the Topping NX2 for around $30 you'd get a fantastic little AMP/DAC. Great quality sound, huge battery life, doesn't heat up (at all).

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 3
this is so funny to me, I read your post as "best headphone amp for office use". Then I see that you only wanted to pay 20-30$ LOL. I was confused! My first thought was "hmmmm 20-30$ for the best, maybe go onto the black market?" Good luck with your search! :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back