Budget Amp
Sep 20, 2011 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Fraiz

New Head-Fier
Hey there, i'm looking for a cheap amp for my headphones thats easy to get a hold of. Basically the volume being produced from my laptop sound card is way to low and just need something that can give it a strong volume boost. Nothing hi-end is necessary.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 6
Fiio e10, I believe its about $80

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 6
I've heard of that amp. But just how powerful is it?

I don't want something that will only increase the volume by 30-40%, I need an amplifier that can multiply the volume my soundcard produces by several times.

I used to have a pair of phillip plug-in portable speakers that only cost about 25$. The speakers themselves were poor, but I had the option of pluging my headphones into the speaker headphone jack and increasing the volume massively, simply by turning up the speakers main volume control. Unfortunatly they are no longer on the market and i've been unable to find any other pairs of speakers that will boost the volume any louder than my soundcard is able to by turning up the speakers volume control.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 6
http://www.dinodirect.com/se-amplifier-for-earphone/

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 6
At that budget, the best option is just to get a CMoy based build. A normal pre built one costs around 40 dollars and a triple channeled version (like the mini3 is based on) runs around 80 dollars prebuilit. If you can build it yourself, its even cheaper.

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I've heard of that amp. But just how powerful is it?

I don't want something that will only increase the volume by 30-40%, I need an amplifier that can multiply the volume my soundcard produces by several times.

I used to have a pair of phillip plug-in portable speakers that only cost about 25$. The speakers themselves were poor, but I had the option of pluging my headphones into the speaker headphone jack and increasing the volume massively, simply by turning up the speakers main volume control. Unfortunatly they are no longer on the market and i've been unable to find any other pairs of speakers that will boost the volume any louder than my soundcard is able to by turning up the speakers volume control.

http://www.headfonia.com/the-latest-must-have-the-fiio-e10-usb-dacamp/
 You might want to check out this review to get a rough idea of the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back