Budget AMP + Headphones
Dec 20, 2012 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

paranoia

New Head-Fier
Hello.
Reading through the discussions, couldn't find the answer to my questions, so here I am, looking for a pair of headphones + amplifier as a gift to myself this christmas. 

I will use it with laptop and ocasionally on the road with mobile phone (htc). I listen mostly rap, r&b and some psy trance too, and I love clear bass quality.
I am willing to spend around 200$ on amp+headphones.
Also, in my house it's alot of madness, noise-cancelling is a must.
Thanks

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hello.
Reading through the discussions, couldn't find the answer to my questions, so here I am, looking for a pair of headphones + amplifier as a gift to myself this christmas. 

I will use it with laptop and ocasionally on the road with mobile phone (htc). I listen mostly rap, r&b and some psy trance too, and I love clear bass quality.
Also, in my house it's alot of madness, noise-cancelling is a must.
Thanks

Heya,

At your price range, I would focus on not getting an amplifier into this mix, and instead, simply focus on getting an efficient headphone that doesn't require an amplifier. Next, at this price range, you are not going to get everything you want and noise-cancelling. There are some options though.

Based on what you want, it seems the Logitech UE 6000 is your first pick here. It won't need an amplifier, so it meets all your criteria.

Otherwise, I would suggest you look at:

Ultrasone HFI 580
Beyer Custom One Pro

Very best,

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Reading through the discussions, couldn't find the answer to my questions, so here I am, looking for a pair of headphones + amplifier as a gift to myself this Christmas. 
Also, in my house it's a lot of madness, noise-cancelling is a must.

Do you mean "noise-cancelling" headphone or just closed headphones?

Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) closed headphones, around $88
Fiio E07K ($89) portable DAC and headphone amplifier (USB for laptop, analog for mobile phone).

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 4
thank you very much for all the answers. As I'm reading through forums I'm LEARNING alot of things and tuning up my searching criteria, and what I can afford and what I can't, what I need and what I don't. 
As far as I got, I figured out I need a pair of closed full-size to use as main audio source to listen to my beloved rap/psy trance music on my laptop and ocasionally -away- on my HTC phone, without hearing the other either disturbing them.
The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro seems to fit the most.
Thanks again 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back