Buckethead's solo in Jordan is the best solo ever recorded.
Aug 10, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #47 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it justifies it even more that he's just your average technical guitarist which lacks the abilities to make good melodies.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Thanks for the laugh though.

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #48 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stop embarrassing yourself.

Thanks for the laugh though.

At his age, it's still not too late to learn some more tricks at making chord progressions from Paul Gilbert if you ask me. But oh well, with his "followers" praising his "music", I doubt he'll ever learn to make good, memorable pieces.

Maybe his fans would understand that if people "hate his music" rather than "not being a fan of his style", they'd understand how bad he is. But I suppose the fans are as ignorant as he is.

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #49 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy now, just playin.

Actually, I listened to both, B-head & the Steve Vai clip over my computer speakers. One thrilled me and one bored me.
More to it than the gear huh?
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #50 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I listened to both, B-head & the Steve Vai clip over my computer speakers. One thrilled me and one bored me.
More to it than the gear huh?
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Again, it was just a joke, regarding the axiom that Sennheiser headphones are more "laid back" and even "lifeless" while Grados (which I use and have listed in my signature) are generally regarded as being more "aggressive" and "in-your-face", being good for rock. I implied that your Sennheiser headphones might have been a less-than-optimal listening tool for Buckethead, being an instrumental rock/metal artist. If there's any doubt left that my comment was tongue-in-cheek then let me know.

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #51 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, it was just a joke, regarding the axiom that Sennheiser headphones are more "laid back" and even "lifeless" while Grados (which I use and have listed in my signature) are generally regarded as being more "aggressive" and "in-your-face", being good for rock. I implied that your Sennheiser headphones might have been a less-than-optimal listening tool for Buckethead, being an instrumental rock/metal artist. If there's any doubt left that my comment was tongue-in-cheek then let me know.

So technically you're saying only people using "aggressive" and "in-your-face" headphones can listen to rock/metal? I don't even know if I should take you seriously anymore.

C'mon, how much was your friend gonna pay you if you get the lot of us to disagree that Jordan had the bestest best solo in za worldz?

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #52 of 113
Quote:

At his age, it's still not too late to learn some more tricks at making chord progressions from Paul Gilbert if you ask me. But oh well, with his "followers" praising his "music", I doubt he'll ever learn to make good, memorable pieces.

So you want chord progressions?

YouTube - Buckethead - Spell of the gypsies slideshow (BETTER)

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #53 of 113
Quote:

So you want chord progressions?

YouTube - Buckethead - Spell of the gypsies slideshow (BETTER)

No I just don't want chord progressions. Memorable chord progressions. And I don't see a point of reposting the same song again.

So how much are you gonna lose if LingLing wins the bet? I'm sure it won't hurt your wallet that much.
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #54 of 113
Quote:

So technically you're saying only people using "aggressive" and "in-your-face" headphones can listen to rock/metal? I don't even know if I should take you seriously anymore.

C'mon, how much was your friend gonna pay you if you get the lot of us to disagree that Jordan had the bestest best solo in za worldz?

The ignorance here is almost infuriating. IT. WAS. A. JOKE.

You people are like 10 year olds who pick apart some passing statement to piss off the other party.

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #55 of 113
Quote:

No I just don't want chord progressions. Memorable chord progressions. And I don't see a point of reposting the same song again.

Memorable to you does not equal memorable to everyone.

Personally I find Gilbert's progressions quite cheesy, but I'm not going to try and pass my opinion off as fact, as you did.

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #57 of 113
Quote:

Memorable to you does not equal memorable to everyone.

Personally I find Gilbert's progressions quite cheesy, but I'm not going to try and pass my opinion off as fact, as you did.

But that's the case of "not being a fan" of his style, not "hating it". But hey, at least Gilbert knows when to stop being technical and be concern of whether it sounds good or not.

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #58 of 113
Quote:

Well if you consider a Buckethead song from Guitar Hero to have da bestest soloz in the whole wide world, I don't see why we should take you seriously to begin with.

What does it matter if it's from Guitar Hero or an unreleased demo tape from 1982? You really fluff your arguments, but I have yet to see anything of real substance come from you in this thread.

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #59 of 113
Quote:

But hey, at least Gilbert knows when to stop being technical and be concern of whether it sounds good or not.

And there you go passing off your opinion as fact again.

Everyone listen to ZephyrSapphire - he's the last word on musical taste.

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #60 of 113
Quote:

Don't write him off just yet. You're judging this artist by one song when he plays more genres proficiently than most. He's appeared on over 100 albums, of which only a small percentage are 'shred'.

Okay, I'll bite:

Does he appear in any albums from other bands as a session guitarist, or does he only make his own albums which fall under different genres?

For my own curiosity, is there an official reason why he wears a bucket and mask or is it a shtick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back