Buckethead's solo in Jordan is the best solo ever recorded.
Aug 9, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #17 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prove me wrong, folks. I know some will argue that so and so solo is so utterly raw and emotional etc etc and frankly I don't care. That in Jordan is the absolute most visceral, intense, white-knuckled solo ever. I dare anyone to challenge me- youtube clip or download required.

Of what I've heard from Buckethead, Soothsayer is my favourite song.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buckethead's only in the business just because KFC sponsors him.

I could have sworn his message was anti-KFC. The KFC bucket says "funeral" on it and according to wikipedia, he stated that it is his "mission in life to alert the world to the ongoing chicken holocaust in fast-food joints around the globe."

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #19 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could have sworn his message was anti-KFC. The KFC bucket says "funeral" on it and according to wikipedia, he stated that it is his "mission in life to alert the world to the ongoing chicken holocaust in fast-food joints around the globe."

Bad publicity is still publicity. It's still promoting KFC.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #21 of 113
Quote:

Buckethead's only in the business just because KFC sponsors him.

Quote:

Bad publicity is still publicity. It's still promoting KFC.

Oh really? So KFC's paying him to give them bad publicity?
rolleyes.gif
Anyway, disagreed. Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio-gd Compass is the best audio product ever made. Prove me wrong.

Just like this thread, you're correct, so trying to prove you wrong is redundant.
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #22 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh really? So KFC's paying him to give them bad publicity?
rolleyes.gif
Anyway, disagreed.

I suppose you failed to detect the sarcasm when I posted it.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #23 of 113
Quote:

I suppose you failed to detect the sarcasm when I posted it.

Evidently, the failure is certainly on my part given your brilliantly executed (dare I say paradigm) employment of sarcasm through the internet. My apologies!

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #24 of 113
1. Just felt the need to clear up the "KFC sponsors Buckethead" myth: It's absolutely not true. He plays with a regular white bucket now btw. To those who say that he is a just a gimmick, I feel no need to rebut such ignorant arguments.

2. I didn't want to have to openly state this, but the language I used in my OP was simply there to incite original thought, which I think it has done quite well. In fact, I've really enjoyed reading all these replies and broadening my knowledge of solos.

3. IMO, Zappa is absolutely up there with Buckethead as a guitar player. Perhaps not quite at the same level technically, but just as or probably more original. So thanks to SungTong for linking that excellent solo of his! BTW, nice username, if I'm correct in interpreting it as an Animal Collective reference.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #25 of 113
Quote:

Evidently, the failure is certainly on my part given your brilliantly executed (dare I say paradigm) employment of sarcasm through the internet. My apologies.

Apology accepted. Now on with the man who thinks it's cool to have a KFC bucket on his head while performing while trying to promote anti-KFC messages.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #26 of 113
Quote:

Evidently, the failure is certainly on my part given your brilliantly executed (dare I say paradigm) employment of sarcasm through the internet. My apologies!

Arguing with someone who agrees with you FTL...

Quote:

Apology accepted. Now on with the man who thinks it's cool to have a KFC bucket on his head while performing while trying to promote anti-KFC messages.

The bucket says "FUNERAL" on it...

buckethead.jpg

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #27 of 113
Quote:

3. IMO, Zappa is absolutely up there with Buckethead as a guitar player. Perhaps not quite at the same level technically, but just as or probably more original. So thanks to SungTong for linking that excellent solo of his! BTW, nice username, if I'm correct in interpreting it as an Animal Collective reference.

Now shouldn't that be the other way around?

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #29 of 113
Quote:

Now shouldn't that be the other way around?

Don't be immature, I worded it that way because the thread is about Buckethead.

EDIT: By that I mean I was the one who claimed Buckethead to have the greatest solo. I'm not sure how the wording doesn't make sense in that situation.

Aug 9, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #30 of 113
Quote:

Prove me wrong, folks. I know some will argue that so and so solo is so utterly raw and emotional etc etc and frankly I don't care. That in Jordan is the absolute most visceral, intense, white-knuckled solo ever. I dare anyone to challenge me- youtube clip or download required.

Right back at you, my friend. I want to see what all the fuss is about, and since you made the claim, the burden of proof is on you. Link me up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back