Broken TripleFi10 - Any Options?
Dec 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Starcatcher

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I found this forum last year, lurker but never registered. I was on a search to take my music listening to another level and found UE TripleFi 10 to be the ones for me. They are great, used it since then (Feb 2012) and I recently decided to replace the original cable with Dark Lord - Telfon and couple days ago they arrived and I was unplugging the IEM from the original cables. Right side, came off good, did the left IEM and it happened. The socket on the left IEM stuck with the cable and the wires behind the socket came out with it and detached. The green cable is still connected inside the IEM but the red one is completely out and still on the socket. I'd post a image if I could but guess I'm not allowed to yet. Unfortunately Logitech support wasn't able to help me as it was out of warranty. So is there any options left for me? Thanks!

Darn...I posted this in the wrong forum didn't I?

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #5 of 9
Man that sucks.   If I were in your shoes I'd look seriously at reshelling them into customs.   And, I am not personally a huge fan of reshelling, otherwise I'd have made my TF10's customs long ago.

But you need to be upfront about the issue before you send them to any CIEM vendors. Take the best high-res pics you can (borrow a good camera if you don't have one) and email them to your vendors when you inquire about reshelling.
Resoldering these tiny little wires could lead to serious problems unless you are practiced at soldering things this small and have confidence that you can execute the repair and not the IEMs.

Good luck!!

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for the replies! What's the going price for a single side?

Question about InEarZ, I just went to the website and it has a list of options to choose from, which one would be for me? I'm guessing "base" is $95? Is that just the IEMs or with my original cable? or is the $95 with a non-detachable cable?

Sorry for so many questions! :)

Let's see if the image displays. Is it detailed enough? Need more?
http://imgur.com/NxD9vHo

Dec 4, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 9
Reshell them with inearz, they are the best company to work with.  The $95 is for the reshelling, and typically they use different sockets Westone/JH sockets, you can request your TF10 sockets, but I think you're better off going with the Westone sockets, wider variety of aftermarket cables on the FS forum if you want to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back