Broke college student, headphones for music and gaming
Jul 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mgoblue

New Head-Fier
Title says it all, I'm a broke (well not broke, just budget-conscious and not willing to spend a lot on headphones right now) college student, and I'm looking for some headphones that will fit some simple criteria:

1. Good build quality that could withstand the usual wear and tear
2. Somewhat transportable, just being able to put them in a backpack to take somewhere is good enough
3. Good sound quality for rock music primarily, not enough of anything else to worry about (don't worry, all my music is ripped in lossless)
4. Adequate for gaming, FPS games like Counter-Strike mostly
5. As cheap as possible ($20-$45)

I'm not looking for some blow-me-away headphones, I know I'll get what I pay for. I have a pair of V-Moda Remix earbuds that sound pretty decent that serve me pretty well for running and such, but I was hopefully looking for something a little better when I'm focused on the audio. Although if I can't get anything better than these for this price range, stop me now.

Headphones I've been looking at are the Monoprice 8323 and the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S. Any feedback on which one or anything else I should get instead? If it helps, I prefer the more plain styling of the Monoprice set.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 6
i got the phanasonic rp-htx7... they are cheap, good quality, (i dont know the price on dollars because im from south america lol)

u got a lot of colors to chose :p, and they are comfortable

sorry for bad english.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 6
Superlux HD661 going for $48 

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #6 of 6
A little sound isolation from outside noise would be nice, but not a huge factor. I would more rather not have other people be able to hear my music and such, especially at a library or anything. Although admittedly I have no idea if that's an issue with non-closed back headphones, I'm new to this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back