BRITPOP - Best of the Rest
Jul 13, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #77 of 120
Its probably dream pop not brit pop because they are not british
smily_headphones1.gif
but people should also check out eskobar. very nice smooth britpop style sound close to stuff like travis

Jul 14, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #80 of 120
There are some samples at Amazon.com .Their first 2 albums are better the third is rather weak.Deput Time For The Rest Of Your Life is darker while the second Love And Other Demons is closer to the suede/smiths sound.But i will always remember them for that one stunning single Time (For The Rest Of Your Life).I like it more than any Suede or Manics single.

Jul 16, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #83 of 120
I'm a bit surprised no one's mentioned Ocean Colour Scene. It's Paul Wellers boys and the two albums "Moseley Shoals" (1996) and Marchin' Already (1997) is classic britpop.

Like Oasis, just a bit more funky!

Jul 17, 2007 at 8:42 AM Post #86 of 120
I searched my CD collection yesterday and maybe the band Space can qualifi as a britpop band aswell. Although they have songs that are very electronic, they also have beautiful songs like 'Avenging Angels' (from the album Tin Planet (1997)) that is pure guitarbased britpop.

Jul 17, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #87 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't care for OASIS. Too Beatles sounding and XTC does that much better on Skylarking.

Beatles sounding is a bad thing?
lambda.gif
i don't listen to Oasis much anymore because their lyrics are total crap, and the production is even worse. as all of you know.

Jul 17, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #88 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAnomaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lambda.gif
i don't listen to Oasis much anymore because their lyrics are total crap, and the production is even worse. as all of you know.

What??????
Who dares to sully the greatest Britpop band ever! I love Oasis....
k1000smile.gif

There are Beatles references for sure, but taken through a wonderful feedback washed modern prism, and love Liam's swaggering slurring vocal treatment, cocky arrogant self destructive......but boy could they rock the house, listen to any of thier live tracks from early days

Jul 17, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #90 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAnomaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lambda.gif

It's bad when it is not done very well. Get XTC's Skylarking, you will probably love it if you are a Beatles fan. I always liked the Stones better than the Beatles though. Especially early Beatles. "Love, Love Me Do" just doesn't cut it for me. "Get Off Of My Cloud" does.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back