Brief Odac impressions
Dec 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,291 of 2,018
Quote:

When I a $500 million Lotto prize, I'm gonna get me a Benchmark DAC1 or Grace M903. Unfortunately, they're both too big for my cubicle at work, so I'll have to find a better job, too!

Must be a self-defeating fruedian slip, you left out the word "win".

With that kind of dosh I sure wouldn't be wasting my time working in a job, much less looking for one. Ha-Ha!

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #1,294 of 2,018
I've been having some issues with my ODAC.. I have to rule out the USB port and the cable, but after a while I start getting some pretty serious distortion and I have to unplug and replug the cable, which fixes it.. But, only for a while.

I moved it to my other usb 3.0 port, if it still keeps it up then, I'll track down another cable and rule that out next.

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #1,295 of 2,018
Quote:
I've been having some issues with my ODAC.. I have to rule out the USB port and the cable, but after a while I start getting some pretty serious distortion and I have to unplug and replug the cable, which fixes it.. But, only for a while.

I moved it to my other usb 3.0 port, if it still keeps it up then, I'll track down another cable and rule that out next.

How long do you leave it unplugged? Might it be overheating?

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #1,298 of 2,018
Quote:

How long do you leave it unplugged? Might it be overheating?

Definitely not overheating. I unplug it for half a second, if that. It did it on the other usb 3.0 port.. So I moved it to a 2.0 port, so far, no problems. 

I'm thinking it might be a driver problem of some sort.. my ODAC is called ODAC - 6 now.. Lol, when I moved it to the 2.0 port it reinstalled the drivers. So maybe that'll fix it.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #1,299 of 2,018

Just on the off-chance: you do have it plugged in to an amp? You aren't plugging your phones directly in to the linout of the ODAC?

I know this is unlikely but all possibilities need covering.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #1,300 of 2,018
Quote:
Definitely not overheating. I unplug it for half a second, if that. It did it on the other usb 3.0 port.. So I moved it to a 2.0 port, so far, no problems. 

I'm thinking it might be a driver problem of some sort.. my ODAC is called ODAC - 6 now.. Lol, when I moved it to the 2.0 port it reinstalled the drivers. So maybe that'll fix it.

I'm on 11-ODAC now, mostly just from moving everything around though
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #1,302 of 2,018
Quote:

Have you tried hooking the ODAC to a usb hub with a external power supply? I previously had similar problems with a usb powered DAC. The cause of the problem was dirty USB power supply from my laptop. After hooking up the DAC to a externally powered hub, I never had the problem again.

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #1,303 of 2,018
Quote:

Have you tried hooking the ODAC to a usb hub with a external power supply? I previously had similar problems with a usb powered DAC. The cause of the problem was dirty USB power supply from my laptop. After hooking up the DAC to a externally powered hub, I never had the problem again.

Im really considering a USB hub to use with my ODAC for different reasons. Which would you recommend? It seems all amazon listings have a fair amount of bad reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back