Breaking News: HE1000 V2
Aug 5, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #91 of 386
Allow me to rant...

HFM is here as a business to make money, that's a given. How they managed their customers satisfaction, relationships, complains etc will determine how successful they will be in the longer term. Dr.Fang is a good audio designer but he's also a darn good businessman, make no mistake about it. I like his products and I trust him to do the right thing.

I couldn't agree more.
No one is blaming them of improvement of the product, but is concerned about how they handle the "still new" v1 becoming out-dated.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #92 of 386
OR maybe v3 is way better.
I am sure some are happy to see V2 and thought that they are fortune that they didn't jump in.
But, how do you know when the V3 is coming.

The best scenario is HFM to "recall" V1, why not, it is not like they have sold 100s of thousands like VW did.
As I have mentioned, this audiophile market is way smaller than cellphone's.
The least they can do (and should do) is as MR Speaker did to their recent owner of ETHER C to upgrade ETHER C Flow.
If HFM takes good care of us v1 owner, then you can trust them and buy the V2 without worry.

So Apple should recall my close to $3000 Retina Macbook pro because they keep releasing new models every year and the older model isn't as good?

Alteast you can make the HE-1000 sound like a V2 by placing the new earpads on it.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #93 of 386
So Apple should recall my close to $3000 Retina Macbook pro because they keep releasing new models every year and the older model isn't as good?

different market different product, you can go on arguing with it.
If a headphone is updated every year as computer, I think no one will say anything here.

Take example of MrSpeaker Ether C flow update.
They announce new model and also provide upgrade offer at the same time, that is sufficient to silence
most existing owners, besides, the update is a major change to their driver.
Just a step ahead to take care existing customer will make most people happier and royal to the brand.

One more thing, if you know there will be a v3 one year from now, will you jump in for v2?
Or since v2 is coming, any one will  buy v1 at same price?

When window10 was coming out, they offer to free upgrade if you buy computer without it. remember that?
it is different, you will say, of course.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #94 of 386
different market different product, you can go on arguing with it.
If a headphone is updated every year as computer, I think no one will say anything here.

Take example of MrSpeaker Ether C flow update.
They announce new model and also provide upgrade offer at the same time, that is sufficient to silence
most existing owners, besides, the update is a major change to their driver.
Just a step ahead to take care existing customer will make most people happier and royal to the brand.

One more thing, if you know there will be a v3 one year from now, will you jump in for v2?
Or since v2 is coming, any one will  buy v1 at same price?

If I need a new headphone and I like the V2, then I would buy it. If I don't need a new headphone, then I would wait and see if the V3 impresses me.

Aug 6, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #96 of 386
You guys should also note that the old he1000 will become discontinued after this and thus a collectors item in the future
beyersmile.png

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #97 of 386
When V2 comes I need to get a close look at the pads.
I recently got a replacement HEK and the pads much seem nicer so just wondering if it is just new factor or maybe I got lucky..

Oh, and yes, with Hifiman changing to a good cable with this version2 would make sense,
As an aftermarket cable was well known to make huge upgrade in the HEK thread.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #98 of 386
You guys should also note that the old he1000 will become discontinued after this and thus a collectors item in the future :beyersmile:

That already applied to the demo versions.
:)

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #99 of 386
Got an answer from Hifiman after asking about an upgrade:

About the further of HE1000V2 , we have no ideas.
Please wait for a while.
Thank you 

--
Best Regards
HIFIMAN Customer Service

That was not much of an answer... come on Hifiman!

Aug 8, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #100 of 386
At least you have a reply. Dr Fang has not replied my email. The silence from HFM is deafening. Hey, Mr Speakers Ether flow thread has so much info about upgrading Ether, which retails half the price of HEK.

The longer the wait, the less likely is HFM to offer anything, the less credible HFM for offering a flagship product that cost more than the sum of a HD800S and an Elear. Both flagship cans from reputable companies.

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #102 of 386
rumor: V2 surpasses v1 without any & without zero doubt under the directly comparisonly comparison.

gotta need some confirmation

Perhaps so...but I'm enjoying V1 too much to worry about that for now. The game is always going to move forward sooner or later, and the now "classic" HE-1000 V1 is still one heck of a can.

I can understand how many owners are less than happy, and HFM are probably feeling the heat now. Let them figure it out how to fix this mess. Focal has joined the premium headphone game (and guaranteed more will be coming onboard soon) so they better make their next move right.

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #103 of 386
Apart from the changes to the earpads, headband and cable, does anyone know if there is a change to the driver unit?

From the press release on HFM's FB page, there is nothing specific about the driver itself.

Aug 10, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #104 of 386
Hifiman on Facebook:

Hi Everyone, we know you are waiting! Now we are considering making a program for our users. Will update anytime!

Aug 10, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #105 of 386
Yes, I saw that reply too. Good to know they're considering an upgrade program at the very least. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back