Breakbeats, Dubstep and Drum N' Bass:
Jul 28, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #77 of 89

Is that the 2004 copy with the DVD? My favourite album of theirs is the 2CD edition of Wormhole.

That's the one yeah, and I think I'm growing bored of "Travel The Galaxy"...played it too much I guess. I like the unpolished uncompromising sound of their "Virus Vaults" compilation better these days.

I didn't like their "Chameleon" album too much either, but yes everyone's ecstatic about "Wormhole" on those DVD interviews...gonna have to spin it again.

And god**** they're getting baked 24/7 on the DVD, hah. How can you operate vinyl decks after a big spliff of sensimilla hash is beyond me huh...when I tried that "WW nederhash", all I saw were blinking white stars and I could hardly speak $_$

and man, does that track kick ***: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZmTKdLO08M (it's on "out of the box")

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #80 of 89

Bop  - Tears Of A Lonely Metaphysician (Lynx & Hellrazor remix)

Aug 27, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #81 of 89

My recommends for headspin bassed stuff from another thread... if you don't know something... enjoy :wink:

Quote:
High Contrast - Tough Guys Don't Dance album YouTube YouTube2   //// DRUM & BASS

Afghan Headspin - Cocaine YouTube (BAD QUALITY)  //// BREAKS

Bassbin Twins - Woppa (Needs to be heard on powerful soundsystem!YouTube  //// BREAKBEAT/DUBSTEP

Chase & Status - Running YouTube Eastern Jam YouTube Take me Away YouTube    //// DUBSTEP, DRUM & BASS

Cut & Run - No Good YouTube   //// BREAKS

Deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember (Caspa Remix) ---- MASSIVE BASS YouTube   ////  DUBSTEP

DJ Defkline & Red Polo - Too Late YouTube  //// BREAKS

DJ Fresh - All That Jazz YouTube  //// DRUM & BASS

DJ Fresh - Gold Dust (Flux Pavilion Remix) YouTube  //// DUBSTEP

DJ Fresh - Fight Youtube   //// DUBSTEP

Ed Solo & Skool Of Thought - Babylon Breaks YouTube When I Was A Yout YouTube Sludge YouTube   //// BREAKS, DUBSTEP

TC - Where's My Money (Caspa Remix) (Elite Force Refix) YouTube   //// BREAKS

Freestylers - Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix) YouTube   //// DUBSTEP

Bassnectar - Everybody (Bassnectar vs FreQ Nasty Remix) YouTube   ///// BREAKS

La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream Remix) YouTube   ///// DUBSTEP/OLDSKOOL RAVE

Moby - Alice (Noisia Remix) YouTube   //// DRUM & BASS

Noisia - Alpha Centauri YouTube   ///// DUBSTEP/ELECTRO/BREAKS

White Lies - Death (Chase & Status Remix) YouTube   //// DUBSTEP

that's bout it :D

Aug 27, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #82 of 89
Or what I've been just listening to :D

Quote:
Orbital - Halcyon (Live - samples of 'Bon Jovi's You Give Love A Bad Name', 'Belinda Carlisle's Heaven Is A Place On Earth')   //// ELECTROBREAKBEAT,ORBITAL STYLE
YouTube

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Pyramid Refix)    //////// BREAKS
YouTube

The Doors vs The Crystal Method - Roadhouse Blues Remix   ///// BREAKBEAT
YouTube

London Elektricity - Just One Second (Apex Remix)    ///// DRUM & BASS
YouTube

Underworld - Scribble (feat. High Contrast)    ///// DRUM & BASS
Youtube

Pixies - Where Is My Mind (Bassnectar Dubstep Remix)   ///// DUBSTEP
YouTube

Freestylers - Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix)   //// DUBSTEP
YouTube

DJ Fresh - Gold Dust   //// DRUM & BASS
YouTube

Aug 28, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #83 of 89
my:

dubstep - Skream (I have seen him @ Wilsonic 2008, and he really rocked)....

dnb - Kosheen, B-Complex (new guy at Slovak dnb scene, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhT_ntitSsk)....

beats.....- Krafty Kuts, Stanton Warriors, Katalyst.....

Aug 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #84 of 89
Quote:
my:

dubstep - Skream (I have seen him @ Wilsonic 2008, and he really rocked)....

dnb - Kosheen, B-Complex (new guy at Slovak dnb scene, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhT_ntitSsk)....

beats.....- Krafty Kuts, Stanton Warriors, Katalyst.....

Skream is sick dude m8 :D he has some interesting tracks on new album... fanatic dubstep fans don't like that album much... but fk them :) I love his olskoolish 'The Epic Last Song' like tracks :D

Beautiful Lies is superb track, love the vocal, VIP version is good but I love original!

Krafty Kuts Bass Phenomenon , BitterSweet Symphony Remix Kraftys Symphony , Live @ Snowbombing 2009 all parts there....

for breaks I would also add old Freestylers (old, not nowadays crap from them) Warrior Charge (Breakfastaz Remix), Ruffneck, Get Down Massive, Weekend Song, Now Is The Time & of course master of funk A-Skillz Beatles- Come Together (A Skillz Remix) ,  A-Skillz - LSD , Squeeze Me (A-Skillz Remix) & here he is live... he's da man A-Skillz in Winnipeg he's playing there some of his reworks too... we always wanted to bring him to Czech Republic with my friends, but he's kinda expensive, but maybe in autumn...?
Soul Of Man The Drum (Groove Diggerz Remix), Plump DJs Blackjack, Fatboy Slim - Everybody Nedds A 303 (Plump DJs remix)DrumAttic Twins Back To The Old Skool,... awgh what the heck... I can go all night long, I'm too corrupted by oldskool breaks... never mind :D 

Aug 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #85 of 89

Quote:

Skream is sick dude m8 :D he has some interesting tracks on new album... fanatic dubstep fans don't like that album much... but fk them :) I love his olskoolish 'The Epic Last Song' like tracks :D

Beautiful Lies is superb track, love the vocal, VIP version is good but I love original!

Krafty Kuts Bass Phenomenon , BitterSweet Symphony Remix Kraftys Symphony , Live @ Snowbombing 2009 all parts there....

for breaks I would also add old Freestylers (old, not nowadays crap from them) Warrior Charge (Breakfastaz Remix), Ruffneck, Get Down Massive, Weekend Song, Now Is The Time & of course master of funk A-Skillz Beatles- Come Together (A Skillz Remix) ,  A-Skillz - LSD , Squeeze Me (A-Skillz Remix) & here he is live... he's da man A-Skillz in Winnipeg he's playing there some of his reworks too... we always wanted to bring him to Czech Republic with my friends, but he's kinda expensive, but maybe in autumn...?
Soul Of Man The Drum (Groove Diggerz Remix), Plump DJs Blackjack, Fatboy Slim - Everybody Nedds A 303 (Plump DJs remix)DrumAttic Twins Back To The Old Skool,... awgh what the heck... I can go all night long, I'm too corrupted by oldskool breaks... never mind :D 

uhm....not bad
popcorn.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #86 of 89
Im goin all Necro and Ressurecting this thread lol...

Right now Im listening to a digital master of Easygroove at Fantazia One Step Beyond. Donny Castle 1992.

This is part of a large and fast growing collection of basically everything I had on tape but since threw out. ( Yeh I know,.... WHY??? )
This was one of my best parts of my life, Being a raver and later becoming a DJ.
Anyway, Thought Ild jump in and share.

I also listen to dubstep, Hardstep DnB, Industrial & Atmospheric DnB, late 90's early 00's Techno. & SOME late 80's / early 90's house.

Some of my Fav DJ's and acts from those times - 

Easygroove
Top Buzz
Carl Cox
The Prodigy
Altern8
Seduction
L.F.O. ( The original warp records signed act, NOT the crappy boy band that came later )
Aphex Twin aka AFX
Grooverider
Fabio
Dave Angel
Colin Favour
Phantasy
Ratty
The Rat Pack
Micky Finn
Ellis Dee
The producer
Simon Bassline Smith
Donnovan "Badboy" Smith
DJ Die
LTJ Bukem & MC Conrad
Slipmatt
Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era
Shades Of Rhythm 
SUAD - Shut Up And Dance

Etc Etc.....

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #87 of 89
Jojo Mayer and Nerve. I had the opportunity to see them live here in Portland last year. It was the most incredible live performance I've ever seen.

I've studied Jojo's DVD on hand technique in great depth as a result of his work with Nerve. These guys are technicians of the highest degree, playing modern music that allows them to explore uncharted areas of expression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0apbeC8Gz8

This is one of the greatest touring bands of 2012 in my opinion, alongside Allan Holdsworth's lineup with Jimmy Haslip and Virgil Donati and the Pat Metheny Unity Band. 

-sheldon

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #88 of 89
Why did we necro this thread when we have...this one...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/544388/electronic-music-exchange-house-dnb-dubstep-etc

No necro needed. Been going strong for almost 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back