Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Feb 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #1,831 of 2,720
Quote:
Hej guys i want to present you my version of bravo V2 :)
here it is :
http://www.picshot.pl/view/full/20250_vskgg
http://www.picshot.pl/view/full/20251_s7su9

Holy crap, BG's in the Bravo? You're definitely one step more overkill than myself with the capacitors. haha

Good job, but those 2 cap's in between the LM317's you could've just changed them for a trimpot.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #1,832 of 2,720
Quote:
Hej guys i want to present you my version of bravo V2 :)
here it is :
http://www.picshot.pl/view/full/20250_vskgg
http://www.picshot.pl/view/full/20251_s7su9

Beautiful! Does the acrylic cut easily? Bet that sings 
L3000.gif

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #1,836 of 2,720
  1. DefQon - between the lm317 - are nichicon muse ES , bi polar caps , very clear sounding caps.
  2. stupidmop - yeah very easy :)

i feel my bravo have all the best parts , i use tube 12AU7A sylvania 1960 r.  , But use only with PC , its good amp but not the best ofcourse :wink:   For me Have a lot of good things like  SIZE and simply-build , but doesnt sound so good - as i want too .

I have integrated music card , but im waiting for sound blaster audigy4 - so i check then HOW bravo really works :)))

i've got IRL510 too :pP

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,838 of 2,720
I'm thinking about the Indeed G3. Is that the best choice for the ~$100 price range?

Is the factory tube good enough? If not, what tube would you guys recommend? I want something with good bass, but still good in the other areas.

Thanks

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #1,839 of 2,720
I'm thinking about the Indeed G3. Is that the best choice for the ~$100 price range?

Is the factory tube good enough? If not, what tube would you guys recommend? I want something with good bass, but still good in the other areas.

Thanks
I like factory tine... N the indeed has a Bass boost button to!

Feb 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #1,841 of 2,720
Quote:
If you want good sound and build quality ~without modifications out of the box. The Indeed G3 and Sunrise II amp are two very hard amp's to pass by. 

i've heard good things about the sun rise II as well! 

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,842 of 2,720
Quote:

I wonder if we could pick and choose components off of a parts list, such as the board, acrylic case and heatsinks, et.al, and let us populate the board with our handpicked components...

Quote:
  1. DefQon - between the lm317 - are nichicon muse ES , bi polar caps , very clear sounding caps.
  2. stupidmop - yeah very easy :)

i feel my bravo have all the best parts , i use tube 12AU7A sylvania 1960 r.  , But use only with PC , its good amp but not the best ofcourse :wink:   For me Have a lot of good things like  SIZE and simply-build , but doesnt sound so good - as i want too .

I have integrated music card , but im waiting for sound blaster audigy4 - so i check then HOW bravo really works :)))

i've got IRL510 too :pP

SOJEK88, Sylvanias are generally very good 12au7s. I have a few of them. If that is the only tube you've really listened to, though, you are missing out on many, many awesome tubes! Each has it's own pros & cons. The reason DefQon mentioned replacing the Muse ES with pots (potentiometers or variable resistors) is that doing so allows you to adjust the bias on your tube, IIRC. Unless those caps are providing the perfect bias, your 60 Sylv can sound even better.

Your amp is awesome, by the way! I am not being negative about using pots instead of caps. I would have put the caps in the same circuits on the bottom of the board and pots on top. This gives you the benefits of both components and its only $2 more to have done it.

EDIT: I just saw the G3 in the Bay with a late 50's 5814 GE as the tube. This is much better than ANY recent Russian tube as a choice. You may get a decent valve with an Electro-Harmonix and you may not. Either way, the valve from the 50s is worth more and should sound much better (balanced, and biased properly) than any EH 12au7. By corollary any balanced vintage 6922 (that comes from one of the major players) will beat an EH 6922. In fact, I don't want any Russian tube made after 1994.

BTW, I remember 1960, SOLJEK88... I already had my first microscope. I was 5.

Feb 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #1,843 of 2,720
wow nice nice, I think I'll enjoy my lil Hybrid tubes with stocks for a while as... well ME BROKE! And adjust teh bias on my G3 is a PAIN it takes FOREVER <.< I can't afford a digi multi meter atm either. Still if only my car didn't need a fixin -.-

Feb 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,844 of 2,720
Quote:

The Sunrise amp is the best out of the Bravo/Indeed lot. 

Quote:
 Either way, the valve from the 50s is worth more and should sound much better (balanced, and biased properly) than any EH 12au7. 

Ditto.

Quote:
wow nice nice, I think I'll enjoy my lil Hybrid tubes with stocks for a while as... well ME BROKE! And adjust teh bias on my G3 is a PAIN it takes FOREVER <.< I can't afford a digi multi meter atm either. Still if only my car didn't need a fixin -.-

A digital multimeter can be had for less than $15. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back