Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Oct 28, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #1,216 of 2,720
Can anyone identify this for me? I don't know whether it is a fake or an odd model. Thanks!

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #1,217 of 2,720
Any tube produced in the Telefunken factory should have a "diamond" molded into the glass in the base of the tube inside the circle of pins.  If you don't see this diamond,  then the tube wasn't produced by Telefunken. Fakes have very nice writing and the printing will not rub off with your fingers or water.  So if the tubes you see have really indelible printing, suspect that they are fakes.

Pic is not clear enough to see to me on my laptop

The 60100 code doesn't ring a bell. normally its letters and numbers for the date codes, no idea about that

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #1,219 of 2,720

Quote:
Any tube produced in the Telefunken factory should have a "diamond" molded into the glass in the base of the tube inside the circle of pins.  If you don't see this diamond,  then the tube wasn't produced by Telefunken. Fakes have very nice writing and the printing will not rub off with your fingers or water.  So if the tubes you see have really indelible printing, suspect that they are fakes.

Pic is not clear enough to see to me on my laptop

The 60100 code doesn't ring a bell. normally its letters and numbers for the date codes, no idea about that

That Ultrainferno has apparently been reading and reading and reading! The only thing I could possibly add is it could be from the former East Germany or from a little farther east... The question is, though, "How does it sound?"

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #1,220 of 2,720

Quote:
Cripes - I've been outbid three times - I guess there's no way to get the awesome deals y'all got anymore - the word must be out on this amp.

Look for auctions ending mid-week and be patient. Don't bid until the last 10-15 secs and bid the max you'll pay. Try Gixen to snipe on auctions you can't cover in person. Oh, and I'd try to snipe a Indeed G2 over a Bravo V2. It is a better amp for a bit more green.

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #1,221 of 2,720
I have been reading a lot about tubes yes, well mostly only about the ECC82 and equivalents but you were the one that got me going.
I still owe you a beer for that, remember? I suggest we go to the Octoberfest 2011. Headfi meet
biggrin.gif

What i've read is that the fake Telefunken sound horrible, but I can't tell if this is a fake or not
I've stopped buying 12AU7 tubes as I'm not using that amp anymore...

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #1,222 of 2,720
I shall test it out tonight and see how it sounds compared to my other tubes. It maybe interesting.

I suspect that it is not a fake but made in the eastern part of Germany. I don't think anyone would put a fake tube in that kind of old junks anyway.

Oct 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #1,224 of 2,720

Quote:
I shall test it out tonight and see how it sounds compared to my other tubes. It maybe interesting.

I suspect that it is not a fake but made in the eastern part of Germany. I don't think anyone would put a fake tube in that kind of old junks anyway.

Telefunken tubes from east Germany have no "diamond" mark between the pins and I've read they don't sound great.

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #1,225 of 2,720
Just placed it into my Bravo V2, set the bias at 12.8V on each channel. Actually it does not sound bad at all. Background is low, high sounds on par with my other Sylvania grey. Possible the sound stage is not as wide as the Siemens and the Sylvania, but all sounds pretty good to me. I really need to try it out later on this weekend, I am so bloody tired today......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back