Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Aug 16, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #977 of 2,720
I just bought one off from bay-bay as well, It may take a while for it to come, I guess.....
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #981 of 2,720

Quote:
has anyone use them with akg k701...

I am using it with k702. It's ok with nos tube. Not spectacular off course. If you don't listen k701 with better amp, you can be happy. Other way, you always feel there are something missing (sound stage, transparency, pin point imagining etc)

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #982 of 2,720

Quote:
ill try it out in a couple days when i get a k702 in. powers my hd650 fine.

Will be waiting... because I am also waiting for my k701... thanks mate...

Quote:
I am using it with k702. It's ok with nos tube. Not spectacular off course. If you don't listen k701 with better amp, you can be happy. Other way, you always feel there are something missing (sound stage, transparency, pin point imagining etc)

Thank you for the information ulyses... guess I'll better start saving for a new amp...
May I know what do you use to power up your K702?
Do you think the K70x goes better with ss amp or tube?

Cheers...

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #984 of 2,720
Cant speak for tose beyermodles, but im listening to a pair of dt990s (250 ohm). Oh my god, my bravo v3 sounds like god.

Aug 19, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #988 of 2,720
Hi
I bought a 12AU7 Bravo Audio Amp a few month ago.
The first one I received was broken but I got another one completly free and it's pretty awesome.
Now I'm trying to repair the first one.

The problem is I dont get any sound output. I hear the clicking when I turn it on and both LEDs work.
The left (when the output jack is facing you) Voltage Regulator (with the silver heatsink) gets extremly hot. I switched it but it didnt help.

Anybody got an idea what I could try?

Update: Noticed that the third resistor on the right between tube and capacitor has 220 Ohm instead of 7,5 Ohm.

Aug 19, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #989 of 2,720
Get a schematic off of this thread somewhere, get a multimeter and start looking for open/shorted circuits. You've been given a free board to modify as you want. I'd look from the tube socket forward (or headphone jack backwards through socket) since you apparently have juice to the LEDs. Heck, replace everything with good components... It's a good opp to practice de/soldering, reflowing, replacing and just playing with the board... Have fun with it.

Quote:
Hi
I bought a 12AU7 Bravo Audio Amp a few month ago.
The first one I received was broken but I got another one completly free and it's pretty awesome.
Now I'm trying to repair the first one.

The problem is I dont get any sound output. I hear the clicking when I turn it on and both LEDs work.
The left (when the output jack is facing you) Voltage Regulator (with the silver heatsink) gets extremly hot. I switched it but it didnt help.

Anybody got an idea what I could try?

Update: Noticed that the third resistor on the right between tube and capacitor has 220 Ohm instead of 7,5 Ohm.

Aug 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #990 of 2,720
USG, OMG, you are agreeing with me concerning these curious amps! It's gotta be a sign of the Apocalypse!

Look, USG, trust me for once. Put one of these in it. Best $4 plus shipping you'll ever spend!

And replace the output caps with these or KZs and the sound is exponentially better for only around $2-$3 plus shipping.

Quote:

Gotta agree with you. The output is better than the price.
IMG_8699%201024.jpg

USG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back