Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Sep 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #1,142 of 2,720
You can't just cut a lead on the tube led. You must short it. If you can do any soldering and you REALLY hate the blue that much, replace it with another led of a much lower luminosity and a color you can live with... You can just put a piece of electrical tape down in the socket over the led if you are a real wuss...  
evil_smiley.gif

Real men put a UV led in it and then bask in the radiation cloud surrounding it... At least, that's what I do. 
wink_face.gif

Don't just clip a lead or remove the tube led. It has to be shorted to complete the circuit!

Sep 30, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #1,144 of 2,720
Hey guys!
Did you receive a tracking number from bravodeal4you when you bought Bravo V2 amplifier?
I ask this because I was not given any tracking number and I'm a bit nervous.
Yes, the guy k***y is making the prices higher on Bravo amps (I have lost 3 bids from him
frown.gif
)

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #1,145 of 2,720
It took me a few days after I ordered the amp before i got a tracking number. Took 2 weeks for it to arrive

Sep 30, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #1,146 of 2,720
I got a tracking number for the V2 as well when I asked for it. I payed 36$ including shipping and it arrived in 1 week time.
Shipping an item from here to Asia would be more expensive then that, so the amp is kind of for free
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #1,147 of 2,720
once more question

i use a good soundcard i think, onkyo se-200pci Ltd

so, if i use the G2, it will bypass the SQ from soundcard? or it will improve that?

and my headphone is AD900 (35 ohm), is it any problem if i use headphone with small ohm like AD900 into G2 ( the ampli with big power an can support to 600 ohm) ???

i ask bout this again because some people told me, my AD900 will be broken if i use ampli with big impedance output like G2, is it right?

thx

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #1,148 of 2,720
Don't know about your other problem, but no, the G2 will not bypass your sound cards 'SQ', because the G2 needs the analog signal input from your sound card, which has done the initial digital to analog conversion with it's own intergrated DAC unit already. So the sound source is still your sound card, while the G2 tube amp is only used to amplify the signal to make it sound more dynamic and bring in it's own flavour into the sound with the tube. If your sound card is severely lacking (which I don't believe) then the G2 won't magically fix it, but it'll improve a decent source by a noticeable amount. The best option would be to get a dedicated USB or S/PDIF DAC instead of using your sound cards analog outputs, but that's another story and another hole in your wallet~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm38 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i use a good soundcard i think, onkyo se-200pci Ltd

so, if i use the G2, it will bypass the SQ from soundcard? or it will improve that?

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #1,152 of 2,720

Quote:
I have got a tracking number now, but I don't know where to track it. Could you post me some links?

With Hong Kong Post, about all you'll know is when it leaves HK and when it gets to your country's customs office. It'll spend some time at HK Customs before it leaves and some time in your country's customs office before it is back in the mail system to you. Each stop can be "days" if you are lucky, and "weeks" if you aren't. 3 weeks in transit is "normal."

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #1,153 of 2,720
After spending about a day listening though the stock bravo v2, i'm not particularly impressed with the sound. Granted i'm using a pathetic old clip+ as my source and phones that do not really need amplification, but the bravo seems to worsen the sound by make the frequency response more compressed. The lows and highs seem to roll off very early, compared to when unamped. So this resulted in cellos starting to sound like violins
eek.gif
. Also, the bravo is probably not very usable with iems since they hiss pretty badly when plugged into it. The only improvement that i noticed was a slight increase in soundstage especially when listening at lower volumes, but not exactly by a lot.

I'm suspecting that the stock china tube is main the culprit. Will review it again when the rca tubes that i ordered through ebay arrive. Will also be looking forward to picking up some diy skills and modding my bravo when i have the time. Hopefully that will change the above impressions.

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #1,154 of 2,720

Quote:
Don't know about your other problem, but no, the G2 will not bypass your sound cards 'SQ', because the G2 needs the analog signal input from your sound card, which has done the initial digital to analog conversion with it's own intergrated DAC unit already. So the sound source is still your sound card, while the G2 tube amp is only used to amplify the signal to make it sound more dynamic and bring in it's own flavour into the sound with the tube. If your sound card is severely lacking (which I don't believe) then the G2 won't magically fix it, but it'll improve a decent source by a noticeable amount. The best option would be to get a dedicated USB or S/PDIF DAC instead of using your sound cards analog outputs, but that's another story and another hole in your wallet~

I think we have a language problem here, pocketrocket. mm38 is apparently concerned that the amp will make his expensive sound card sound badly. At least, that's what comes through to me, as he/she has PM'd me several times with the same questions that he posts here. I've tried to explain "distortion," "tube sound," harmonics, etc., but whether it's getting through the language barrier, is anybody's guess. When he says "bypass," think "transfer." As in, will the amp transfer the SQ from my expensive soundcard? Will it improve it?

He's also concerned that the amp will "break" his phones because the impedance is 32 ohms. I've tried to explain that situation also. I could use a drink.

All I know is that I spent less time helping my daughter choose a college, than I've spent talking to him about this amp...
deadhorse.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #1,155 of 2,720

Quote:
After spending about a day listening though the stock bravo v2, i'm not particularly impressed with the sound. Granted i'm using a pathetic old clip+ as my source and phones that do not really need amplification, but the bravo seems to worsen the sound by make the frequency response more compressed. The lows and highs seem to roll off very early, compared to when unamped. So this resulted in cellos starting to sound like violins
eek.gif
. Also, the bravo is probably not very usable with iems since they hiss pretty badly when plugged into it. The only improvement that i noticed was a slight increase in soundstage especially when listening at lower volumes, but not exactly by a lot.

I'm suspecting that the stock china tube is main the culprit. Will review it again when the rca tubes that i ordered through ebay arrive. Will also be looking forward to picking up some diy skills and modding my bravo when i have the time. Hopefully that will change the above impressions.

The stock tube in mine was awful... for about 2 minutes. The new tubes should be much better... Any tube I've used has been better than the 12au7 that was in mine. Next thing is for you to get you a decent set of "CANS." Big ole full-sized cans... Look in the FS thread for options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back