Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
May 8, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #6,241 of 6,668
  Do u know if this adaptor is fully compatible with AK120 II device ? 
http://eud.dx.com/product/4-pin-2-5mm-to-3-5mm-stereo-audio-jack-convertor-844003541
i really wonder about the quality, if not it looks nice.
thanks 

The only scenario you would need this kind of connector with the AK players would be to allow you to plug your balanced phones that have a 3.5mm TRRS-connector into the 2.5mm TRRS socket, so the socket needs all four contact points.  If the first user review is correct that the socket only gives three contact points (TRS), then it's completely useless.

Regarding quality and cost, you get what you pay for.  And for $1.70 I'd be surprised if it didn't burst into flames sitting on the counter.  This also appears to be a European website fwiw.

May 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #6,242 of 6,668
The only scenario you would need this kind of connector with the AK players would be to allow you to plug your balanced phones that have a 3.5mm TRRS-connector into the 2.5mm TRRS socket, so the socket needs all four contact points.  If the first user review is correct that the socket only gives three contact points (TRS), then it's completely useless.

Regarding quality and cost, you get what you pay for.  And for $1.70 I'd be surprised if it didn't burst into flames sitting on the counter.  This also appears to be a European website fwiw.

More than useless, it is potentially dangerous (to your wallet). If you plug a trs cable into the trrs port via this cable, it will likely short your DAP.

May 8, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #6,245 of 6,668

Yes this is what i was really planing to do.
But finally according to your feedback, and all questions, i realized that this adaptor is not useful, even it could be dangerous ...
Thanks to all of your contributions, that allow me to avoid something that could damage my AK Devices.
Regards
sam

May 11, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #6,246 of 6,668
  I have a couple of questions:

1.  When I shake (gently) my ak100ii, there is a part inside that appears to be loose and moves around, makes a dull sound, and sounds like a big part, like the battery.  Anyone else notice that with their ak100ii?

2.  Is there a volume limiter?  I would like to reduce the maximum volume from 150 to 75 so there is no chance of me hurting my ears.

Thanks!

Sent my AK100ii in for the dull rattling sound inside the unit.  I was told it was a loose battery pack, and has now been secured.  Should have the unit back to me by Friday.  What a quick turnaround---awesome customer service!!

May 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #6,247 of 6,668
  Sent my AK100ii in for the dull rattling sound inside the unit.  I was told it was a loose battery pack, and has now been secured.  Should have the unit back to me by Friday.  What a quick turnaround---awesome customer service!!

nice to hear that!
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #6,248 of 6,668
Previous and current users of AK100II ; what other players have you upgraded to? And was the new player worth the upgrade?

Im a current user of AK100II, thinking of upgrading my player. Would love some suggestions; I typically listen to mp3 and FLACS using Ultimate Ears Customs UE11 and Oppo PM3.

Oh I prefer touchscreen UI and do not want an external amp.

May 13, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #6,249 of 6,668
Previous and current users of AK100II ; what other players have you upgraded to? And was the new player worth the upgrade?

Im a current user of AK100II, thinking of upgrading my player. Would love some suggestions; I typically listen to mp3 and FLACS using Ultimate Ears Customs UE11 and Oppo PM3.

1. QP1R. SQ and build par excellence. Details and dynamics >>> AK100ii. Dat clickwheel though...

2. If you like the AK signature, Onkyo DP-X1 is a good bet. Better bass and staging. Mids just a touch thinner. Dat size though...

There's one thing the two of them cannot touch. AK UI still reigns supreme. No contest.

Whether they are worth the upgrade or not is up to you. For me the QP1R is, even with dat clickwheel.

May 13, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #6,250 of 6,668
New owner of AK100ii here, had Fiio X7. Fiio X7 has great SQ with AM2, but hindered with so many problems. Its great on the paper and executed badly. Had few times replacement, everytime i got new unit, new problem appeared from burn in screen, noise on bluetooth and wireless, imbalance amp and software crash.

So yeah, I turned to AK100ii. SQ wise, Fiio X7 with AM2 is superior to AK100ii in terms of details, dynamic, separation and soundstage, it got awesome soundstage.

Fiio X7 with AM1 is more leaner and thin. To my ears, AK has warmer, better bass and better vocal, more bodied. Clarity is par on both players.

What i love about the AK100ii: more body on the SQ, small form factor, good UI, more battery life and build quality.

May 13, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #6,251 of 6,668

1. QP1R. SQ and build par excellence. Details and dynamics >>> AK100ii. Dat clickwheel though...

2. If you like the AK signature, Onkyo DP-X1 is a good bet. Better bass and staging. Mids just a touch thinner. Dat size though...

There's one thing the two of them cannot touch. AK UI still reigns supreme. No contest.

Whether they are worth the upgrade or not is up to you. For me the QP1R is, even with dat clickwheel.

yes that clickwheel tho

May 13, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #6,252 of 6,668

depend how much your budget.
If you prefer touch screen, then sony zx2 it's a good choice and the onkyo dpx1 as well.
or ak240? ak380 ? 
tongue_smile.gif

New owner of AK100ii here, had Fiio X7. Fiio X7 has great SQ with AM2, but hindered with so many problems. Its great on the paper and executed badly. Had few times replacement, everytime i got new unit, new problem appeared from burn in screen, noise on bluetooth and wireless, imbalance amp and software crash.

So yeah, I turned to AK100ii. SQ wise, Fiio X7 with AM2 is superior to AK100ii in terms of details, dynamic, separation and soundstage, it got awesome soundstage.

Fiio X7 with AM1 is more leaner and thin. To my ears, AK has warmer, better bass and better vocal, more bodied. Clarity is par on both players.

What i love about the AK100ii: more body on the SQ, small form factor, good UI, more battery life and build quality.

you're god damn right! 
beerchug.gif

May 14, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #6,253 of 6,668
depend how much your budget.

If you prefer touch screen, then sony zx2 it's a good choice and the onkyo dpx1 as well.
or ak240? ak380 ? :tongue_smile:

you're god damn right! :beerchug:  
do u think cowon plenue 1 is an upgrade to ak100ii

May 14, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #6,254 of 6,668
do u think cowon plenue 1 is an upgrade to ak100ii

Many headfiers says P1 is comparable to Mojo, which is very good for me. By that logic, I think its a yes, an upgrade from ak100ii. But the battery life is pretty horrible though, only 6 hours.

If im looking an upgrade from ak100ii, I will for onkyo dpx1,ibasso dx200 or cayin i5,they are promising and fits your needs (touch screen and great ui)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back